2016 First Round of Playoffs Thread

Eleven

In the crazy but potentially true category, does there come a point where the Pens realize they are better without Malkin, with how this team is constructed? Absolutely rolling without him, he comes back and they look pretty terrible. It's only been two games this playoffs, but, this regular season:

Penguins Goals Per Game

With Malkin: 2.69

Without Malkin: 3.54

It's a 26 game sample size, so not tiny. But their are some mitigating factors such as the coaching change taking place.

Edited by Thorny

Is there anyone that still doesn't want Drouin should he (now, unlikely) become available? This kid is insanely talented. He's playing great for the Lightning right now. He would slide in nicely as Eichel's left wing on the top line.

A good question would be, given a choice between Stamkos and Drouin straight up, not considering the assets it may take to get Drouin, whom do you choose? Drouin is younger, much more cost controlled, and plays a position more in need, wing. Stamkos is of course the more proven player. I think a strong case could be made for Drouin.

If I had to guess though I think for Tampa it's Stamkos out, Drouin in, and they don't miss a beat.

Edited by Thorny

Is there anyone that still doesn't want Drouin should he (now, unlikely) become available? This kid is insanely talented. He's playing great for the Lightning right now. He would slide in nicely as Eichel's left wing on the top line.

A good question would be, given a choice between Stamkos and Drouin straight up, not considering the assets it may take to get Drouin, whom do you choose? Drouin is younger, much more cost controlled, and plays a position more in need, wing. Stamkos is of course the more proven player. I think a strong case could be made for Drouin.

If I had to guess though I think for Tampa it's Stamkos out, Drouin in, and they don't miss a beat.

Looked pretty silly after that power play where he spent the whole time feverishly tapping his stick on the ice, only to finally get it, have the shot blocked, and get torched on that goal :lol:

Sucking tail pipes is disgusting.

True story.  Back in the day, I was in a fraternity.

No, I'm not "bro."  Never was.

We did Buffalo News Kids' Day, which involved selling papers beginning at 5am, at some corner, somewhere.  This was in early February, back then.

So, naturally, we drank until the bar threw us out at 430, and then had pledges drive us to whatever suburban location to sell papers.

Every house had that one guy.  He couldn't smoke enough, eat enough, drink enough, snort enough, whatever.

Yes, he took a hit off of a tailpipe while the car was running.

Thankfully, we didn't have to babysit him.  We just put him into the (running) car and sold papers.

Wings storm back to tie it up. Gus Nyquist guns it in off a gritty, greasy rush. That's the kind of play that pisses you off as a defenseman. What could I have done better?

Home ice seems to be playing a significant positive role in this series, the exact opposite of LA/SJ

They sound loud to me.

What the hell are you watching?  Larkin nearly scored and it might have been the only time the sound got over 30 dB in the third.  That includes an entire power play.

EDIT TO ADD:  A call on Detroit late in the third, hardly a word.  (I wanted to rhyme.)

Edited by Eleven

Solid defensive effort from Matt Murray and the Pens leads to a big road win in New Yawk. Sid with the winner. Edit: Oops, tie-er.

Filthy feed from Drouin for the go ahead goal. Gosh. That's 3 assists for him today.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.