Revolving door in Sabres' front office continues

PASabreFan

Now, now.

There is a valid line of kibitzing to be had about this. I don't think it's in the nature of "which member of the FO is to blame?"

But I am a little curious about the details of this failed hire.

Go to the rally and learn.

I think it was discussed in the GDT - pretty widely reported that he ate something bad (or, as I speculated, maybe celebrated a little too hard after he and Reinhart hit the 20-goal mark).

HNIC said it was food poisoning on their broadcast and Bylsma said in presser it was flu.

Apparently this is a bigger deal than I thought.  There will be a community rally in Niagara Square tomorrow at which Finlay will make an appearance.  Anti-Finlay demonstrators are advised not to come near the area.

Ronan Tynan to sing God Bless America to kick of proceedings... Wait, what.

Flu has been spiking in recent weeks nationwide per CDC. Anecdotally, we know two families with kids that came down with severe cases of flu recently, temps >104 and respiratory distress. Unvaccinated both.

If Eichel really has a full blown case of flu I wouldn't be surprised at all if he doesn't play again tomorrow.

Flu has been spiking in recent weeks nationwide per CDC. Anecdotally, we know two families with kids that came down with severe cases of flu recently, temps >104 and respiratory distress. Unvaccinated both.

If Eichel really has a full blown case of flu I wouldn't be surprised at all if he doesn't play again tomorrow.

I hope that's not what's going on.

Small bit of irony (potentially): ~99% of the time that NHL teams announce a player's out with the "flu," they do not mean influenza. Maybe in this case they do? (Get better, Jack!)

So are you telling me the student who just emailed me claiming to be too sick to take the midterm in a few hours might actually be telling the truth? Well I'll be :lol:

Small bit of irony (potentially): ~99% of the time that NHL teams announce a player's out with the "flu," they do not mean influenza. Maybe in this case they do? (Get better, Jack!)

I think thats a huge part of the problem in general with the dismissive attitude towards real actual influenza, there are so many minor ailments like the common cold or an upset stomach that people call "flu" that bear no resemblance whatsoever to the real disease.

Referring back to the guy being fired...

This follows on the news about Moulson not adjusting to the program that this guy presumably had put in place.  The reference some issues with more than just snacks.

The interesting part is that with his entire team being retained it seems like perhaps they have the department they want but the guy was just a personality clash with others in the organization.  So at least he built something they were inclined to keep around.

Referring back to the guy being fired...

This follows on the news about Moulson not adjusting to the program that this guy presumably had put in place. The reference some issues with more than just snacks.

The interesting part is that with his entire team being retained it seems like perhaps they have the department they want but the guy was just a personality clash with others in the organization. So at least he built something they were inclined to keep around.

From reading the article this is my take as well. Either way I think that article is the beginning and end of this story, I don't see the Sabres beat reporters attempting to dig any further for us to learn any new information.

Eichel has an upper body condition.

If Eich has real influenza he may not play the rest of this season.

I had it once in my life, which is more than enough.  Real influenza is very tough to kick and is a real wipe out.

Truth. Granted, Eichel is 15 years younger and not an out of shape network engineer, but when I got it a few years back I barely moved for several days and didn't feel right for a couple weeks. We'll see if I end up testing this, though, one of my visiting Nephews (aged 4) can barely walk and has been tossing up everything today. They're going home, but the damage may be done.

Truth. Granted, Eichel is 15 years younger and not an out of shape network engineer, but when I got it a few years back I barely moved for several days and didn't feel right for a couple weeks. We'll see if I end up testing this, though, one of my visiting Nephews (aged 4) can barely walk and has been tossing up everything today. They're going home, but the damage may be done.

15 years ... ha, ha.

I am an out of shape accountant and was about 25 years older than Eich at the time.

If it is food poisoning I think we have our reason why the diet dude had his ass fired ... two day old pizza and wings.

I have an issue with the thread title. Is this really a revolving door? I mean, isn't this how most sports franchises operate? I think we got so used to the glacial rate of change under DR/LR, that when people actually get let go for not doing their jobs, we are taken aback.

I apologize to all the glaciers out there. That might have been an insult. Pretty sure they changed a lot more during those sixteen years than the Sabres did.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.