World Cup 2016

MODO Hockey

Eichel with a bag skate back check to save what was essentially a 2-on-0, btw.

Indeed. And he set up a very nice wide open net through a cross crease pass that his teammates couldn't get a stick on. Was also shooting the puck, and out there with Johnny Hockey as well as McDavid and Matthews in the final minute

So weird that NA didnt go for it late in 3rd, russia will not lose against Finland that has nothing to play for.

If russia win then its over for NA

Not so fast my friend.  Finland hates Russia, and they would LOVE to rain on Russia's parade.

MacKinnon said in a postgame interview that he thought they advanced on that OT goal. I can't believe no one on the staff told them it needed to be in regulation to be guaranteed. They would have probably pushed harder at the end with that knowledge.

Was wondering why they didn't pull Gibson to try and win in regulation.   How could they not know the situation?    Inexcusable. 

The fins will go for the win against Russia, but they don't have to.

This is WWII tactics all over again :P

If you TNA play you just want them to advance, but hey lets go underdog Europe :D

Was wondering why they didn't pull Gibson to try and win in regulation.   How could they not know the situation?    Inexcusable. 

Maybe, but don't think its worth the gamble, losing in regulation would have been much worse.

Mackinnon and Matthews have been the best players so far though.

Edited by Huckleberry

The fins will go for the win against Russia, but they don't have to.

This is WWII tactics all over again :P

If you TNA play you just want them to advance, but hey lets go underdog Europe :D

Maybe, but don't think its worth the gamble, losing in regulation would have been much worse.

Mackinnon and Matthews have been the best players so far though.

True, if they lose in regulation, they're out, at least they have a chance now.

I'd go with Gaudreau for TNA MVP....  MacKinnon runner up.    

If FIN and CAN win, it would be CAN/TNA and EUR/SWE in the semi's.     My money is on RUS beating FIN, they're just better all around.    CAN should win as well, which means CAN/RUS and EUR/SWE in the semi's... i think.    So proally a CAN/SWE final, with CAN winning 10-0.    So there you have it, don't even need to watch now...

Edited by pi2000

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.