Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

We got rid of Marrone because he thought beating a Patriots team that wasn't trying in week 17 to get to 9 wins made him Vince Lombardi and tried a power play for a raise for him and his staff. If there's one thing I'm sick of right now, it's Bills fans romanticizing about that damn 9-7 season. Marrone was every bit as freaking mediocre as every other mediocrity we've employed the past 16 years. Are we really forgetting all of the braindead decisions he made in just two years?

"We" did not get rid of Marrone.

You guys can tell yourselves whatever you need to to get through the day.

Enjoy 4-12.

You guys can tell yourselves whatever you need to to get through the day.

Enjoy 4-12.

If Marrone was so damn good, he'd have gotten one of the fourteen vacant coaching jobs over the last two years. Go ahead and believe what you want to maximize your misery with the current team/regime, but Marrone was not a good coach.

If Marrone was so damn good, he'd have gotten one of the fourteen vacant coaching jobs over the last two years. Go ahead and believe what you want to maximize your misery with the current team/regime, but Marrone was not a good coach.

is he better than Rex? I don't know either. Could he have gotten better? I guess we'll never know because he didn't smile enough.

is he better than Rex? I don't know either. Could he have gotten better? I guess we'll never know because he didn't smile enough.

Again, he opted out of his contract because he couldn't get a raise. He didn't get a raise because his performance didn't dictate he deserved one, not because he didn't smile enough. But sure, keep going with whatever makes the team look worse regardless of truth.

Here's what to do with the Bills.

Fire everyone.

I do mean everyone.

Russ Brandon?  Gone.  The guy who takes tickets at the game?  Gone.  Waterboy?   Gone

Eliminate every trace of the virus.  

I don't care if it's a part-time beer salesman.  Gone.

EDIT:  Sorry, forgot.  This goes to the players, too.  All gone.

Operate as an expansion team for five years.  The team would be better than it will be on its current path.

Jeez, I got excoriated for much less: calling for the chrome dome pointer to go.

Not a bad idea. How about the Bisons sporting blue and gold?

They wouldn't be able to steal the Bisons name, but I fully support adopted blue and gold.

The original four finalists for the team name were Blue Devils (no), Bullets (no), Bills and Nickels. I don't think any of those are good enough for today (Nickels would've probably been one of those names everybody just got used to and liked in time).

Buffalo Lights (Buffalo is the City of Lights)

Buffalo Expos (Pan-Am Exposition reference)

Buffalo Wings (mmmmm)

None of those are good. I've got nothing.

Again, he opted out of his contract because he couldn't get a raise. He didn't get a raise because his performance didn't dictate he deserved one, not because he didn't smile enough. But sure, keep going with whatever makes the team look worse regardless of truth.

This is bs. When did he ask for a raise? There were more than enough rumors that he was forced to leave because, "he seamed miserable".

This is bs. When did he ask for a raise? There were more than enough rumors that he was forced to leave because, "he seamed miserable".

All that stuff was after the fact spin to make it look better for the organization that the coach walked away. There's nothing credible to suggest he was somehow forced to opt out of his own contract for being less jolly than Santa.

Edit: I believe it was Tim Graham who reported the raise thing. For as big of a douche as he is on Twitter, he's pretty plugged in to the Bills.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

All that stuff was after the fact spin to make it look better for the organization that the coach walked away. There's nothing credible to suggest he was somehow forced to opt out of his own contract for being less jolly than Santa.

Edit: I believe it was Tim Graham who reported the raise thing. For as big of a douche as he is on Twitter, he's pretty plugged in to the Bills.

Fine. I'll concede that point. It doesn't change my feelings one bit. There has to be a reason why the last three coaches who had a winning record with the Bills chose not to return,... I mean, there are only so many of those jobs, right, and there are people line up to jump at the opportunity to take them, right?

They wouldn't be able to steal the Bisons name, but I fully support adopted blue and gold.

The original four finalists for the team name were Blue Devils (no), Bullets (no), Bills and Nickels. I don't think any of those are good enough for today (Nickels would've probably been one of those names everybody just got used to and liked in time).

Buffalo Wings (mmmmm)

How about a nod to one of the cities big industries back in the day? The Buffalo Cokers?

Buffalo Wings (mmmmm)

How about the Buffalo Ralphs?

As in, "...The Bills make me want to Ralph"

OK, I'll go back to lurking!

It does.  

But I think they'll sign Hasselbeck by then.

No they won't , they are 2-0, that is the max anyone thought they would have pre - season on a  2 - 2 without brady.

They face the bills , and brady is back in game 5.    They will go with the 3rd string QB and bluff their way, and if they are 4-0 they can say, hey we are 4 - 0 on our 3rd string.

We are that good :p

Fine. I'll concede that point. It doesn't change my feelings one bit. There has to be a reason why the last three coaches who had a winning record with the Bills chose not to return,... I mean, there are only so many of those jobs, right, and there are people line up to jump at the opportunity to take them, right?

Which last 3? Mularkey, Marrone and who else? Wade? He got canned, innit?

Nope. Iirc, they wanted him to fire his OC and he wouldn't so he quit.

I thought Ralph told him to fire his ST coach -- who had never coached ST -- and Wade refused, so Ralph fired him (and then, IIRC, Ralph tried to get out of paying Wade, and Wade had to threaten to sue before Ralph ended up begrudgingly paying him).

I thought Ralph told him to fire his ST coach -- who had never coached ST -- and Wade refused, so Ralph fired him (and then, IIRC, Ralph tried to get out of paying Wade, and Wade had to threaten to sue before Ralph ended up begrudgingly paying him).

That sounds right. Does it change what I said?

One fluke play away from moving on in the playoffs and non-football people force him out.

It's like someone somewhere doesn't want the Bills to win.

After he fired DeHaven over the home run throw forward, he brought in a buddy to run special teams. The buddy was/is an idiot & when he wouldn't fire him he found himself w/out a job.

Marrone did a good job with the garbage he had to work with. I don't think he can be judged fully unless he had a real QB to work with.

Whatsisface had a decent arm but was shockingly unathletic.I mean--Marino and Brady are also unathletic-but this guy took it to another universe.

Wade was another unique situation. He was a good coach.Good game planner(before the game).Good teacher.Good at having guys in the right positions on the field.

Wade was NOT a good head coach because he could not game manage on the field. He got every damn replay wrong.He wouldn't fire the worst STs coach in the history

of football.-Couldn't think well on his feet.--A shame because the 99 SB was winnable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.