Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Am I the only one who still legitimately enjoys NFL football?

I enjoyed the Bills v. Cardinals game that I attended in person last weekend. Tailgating & seats in the endzone suite made for a great time with my dad and his 10 or so out of town friends.

I still have the games on the TV basically all of Sunday afternoon, but I do tend to find myself drifting off or doing other things while they are on. It's not getting better. 

I don't think any sane person could argue against this. Then again, I'm a fantasy football addict, and all the commercials allow me to feed my mild OCD stat checking...

I swore off fantasy football.  I initially thought it was increasing my interest in the game.  It made the Cleveland versus Green Bay game watchable as you might have a kicker and a receiver going.  But what I realized was it was making it less enjoyable when I found myself getting mad that the Green Bay kicker, lets say, just missed a 50 yard field goal.  Now I watch my Bills on Sunday and shut the TV off.  Thursday night, Sunday night and Monday night football, forget about it (unless the Bills are involved).  I don't care how the Dolphins did, I don't care how the Patriots did, I don't care how the Jets did and I sure as heck don't care how Cleveland or Green Bay did.  And with those blinders on, I have started to enjoy watching football again.  I give the NFL ~three hours/1 game weekly of my life and not a moment more during the regular season.

I still like fantasy hockey though.  Fantasy football is emotional, fantasy hockey is cerebral.  

I don't think any sane person could argue against this. Then again, I'm a fantasy football addict, and all the commercials allow me to feed my mild OCD stat checking...

Yep. Between FF and the Sunday ticket I don't watch one second of commercials. I usually have to pause the game 15 times to figure out what part of the house my 2 year old is destroying. So I end up fast forward through most of them any way. Edited by inkman

It may be the worst pun ever made on this board.

I thought that was it, but then I started thinking about not all duct tape is gray, and thought maybe it was a serious legal comment...and yea. I over analyzed the crap out of a terrible pun. Go me! This is what happens when you set up a meeting and the student doesn't show up, leaving you with nothing to do.

I thought that was it, but then I started thinking about not all duct tape is gray, and thought maybe it was a serious legal comment...and yea. I over analyzed the crap out of a terrible pun. Go me! This is what happens when you set up a meeting and the student doesn't show up, leaving you with nothing to do.

.....wow

Hope you flunked him, just on principle. ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.