Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

The Quarterback Problem

Gladwell is really talking about hiring, not football, but I think it has some merit in this thread none-the-less.

This is a very good article that deserves some play somewhere on this board. Thanks for sharing (I honestly only got 3/4 of the way through so far).

Speaking of a QB problem: Mason Rudolph, my new found QB prospect love, will be playing hopefully within 10 minutes. The game against Baylor got delayed due to lightning so it's another interesting aspect to tonight's game.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/09/buffalo_bills_met_with_syracuse_alum_tom_coughlin_says_sal_maiorana.html

Bills apparently met with Tom Coughlin but it's unclear if it was for a coaching or consultant role.

NO, THOSE ARE VOICES IN YOUR HEAD!

Coughlin is old as dirt, but he's been successful with two organizations as a head coach and I tend to think he got submarined by poor (and some unlucky) personnel moves by Reese.

Mason Rudolph hasn't looked "special" tonight, but he's playing pretty well. The coaching staff seems to be playing too conservative for my liking. They ran a delayed handoff on 3rd and 6 just now (got a facemask call that gave them a first).

Rudolph is 17 for 23 for 153 yards (no TDs or INTs). This should be some good film for him, though. He has hit the out route and comeback route to perfection like he always does. Still a few throws that were too high which has always been a thing for him, but a lot of those high throws were to guys going outside so it was "safe" and worked. The "knock" on his system has been that it just opens up for him to bomb it deep every other play but Baylor has forced him to play the short/medium game and he's doing so with success.

Tied at 21 mid-3rd against number 16 Baylor.

I know none of you care. Tom Coughlin is a bad idea.

Why not?

Because he is as much entrenched at PS &E as Terry and Kim. He only leaves if it's for an even higher position within the NFL or something on par with that.

I've come to expect that Whakey may move on depending on whose brought in but still maintain that that will be a mistake and he will not be unemployed long. Sometimes it's just all about timing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.