Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/2015/12/jerseylogo-report-part-xii-new-details-about-florida-panthers-new-logo-and-jersey-come-to-light-sort-of.html

Panthers makeover update.

Player who saw it said the logo will be just a Panthers head unlike anything they've used. Blue will be minimized and the yellow will be a deeper gold. Will have a Canadiens-style stripe on the middle.

Apparently the contract demands for Ladd, Buff and Trouba have been submitted.

Buff wants $55 mil and 8 years

Touba wants $56 mil and 8 years

Ladd wants $41 mil and 6 years

The Ladd deal makes the most sense. I don't care how good a 21 year old is, no way I give Trouba that deal. Buff, I might consider if it were 6-7 years.

Apparently the contract demands for Ladd, Buff and Trouba have been submitted.

Buff wants $55 mil and 8 years

Touba wants $56 mil and 8 years

Ladd wants $41 mil and 6 years

The Ladd deal makes the most sense. I don't care how good a 21 year old is, no way I give Trouba that deal. Buff, I might consider if it were 6-7 years.

Byfuglien will be 31 at the end of the year. There's no way I'm giving 6-7 years to a big d-man who is that old. He's going to break down soon just like most of the bigger guys do.

You are the only person in the world who cares about that team and who also has an Internet connection. You know that, right?

Am not!

Also still have a spot in my heart for the Coyotes...  just sayin...

Vindication. In all honesty, they are (much like the Sabres) a lot more fun to watch this year. Duclair, Domi, Hannifin... reason for optimism in the desert. And Doan agrees:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/shane-doan-coyotes-hockey/

Sarah McLellan: #Coyotes announce goalie Mike Smith had a core muscle injury and underwent surgery this morning in Philadelphia. Sidelined 8-10 weeks.

"Core muscle injury"... is that what they're calling abdominal tears now? Either way, great chance for Lindback.