Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I agree, and while I like Bogo more than you, if we get Shattenkirk (which I'm completely on board for), Bogo should be used in a trade for a LHD.

Yup, getting Shattenkirk I think allows us to get a slightly cheaper guy for the left side, but we'd still need to get someone, nonetheless. Shattenkirk is good enough that a pairing with him and McCabe should be more than satisfactory. Could even be the first pair. But Gorges with Risto whether on the top pair or pair 2 isn't good enough. Murray's #1 priority just has to be a partner for Risto.

On your second point, not only cheaper, but Shattenkirk allows us to target more of a new age defensive defenseman in Hjalmarsson's mould (say Brodin) whereas right now we're focused on puck movers. Definitely options there.

On your second point, not only cheaper, but Shattenkirk allows us to target more of a new age defensive defenseman in Hjalmarsson's mould (say Brodin) whereas right now we're focused on puck movers. Definitely options there.

Brodin is a perfect example. Doesn't have the offensive upside of others being mentioned, but he's a solid defenceman who would allow Ristolainen to do his thing in the offensive end. Something like:

Brodin - Ristolainen

McCabe - Shattenkirk

Gorges - Pysyk

..and I think we are set now and going forward.

The Sabres have backup goalies. What they need is a solid starter. Fleury may not be the best goalie in the NHL, he would be an upgrade on what the Sabres currently have.

If the Sabres could sign Stamkos I think it helps league wide perception as much as it would on ice results. Like Mario Williams signing with the Bills. There would be great benefits down the road beyond adding a premier scorer. It would make signing the next guy a lot easier.

What is the price tag for Campbell?

Regarding Fleury, his playoff meltdowns probably cost Bylsma his job with the Pens. That's a headache he probably won't want to revisit.

Agree on Stamkos.

Probably two year deal AAV of 5 Million for Campbell to come here. He probably takes less with a SC Contender.

Here's an idea: Girgensons and a second for Dmitry Orlov. There's a rumor Washington will consider a move of Orlov because of the expansion draft and they want to add a center to their bottom six. Orlov is a lefty.

I like Girgensons quite a bit more than Orlov.

Like Orlov but he's not a significant upgrade to McCabe or Pysyk long-term, nor worth giving up on Girgensons.

Regarding Fleury, his playoff meltdowns probably cost Bylsma his job with the Pens. That's a headache he probably won't want to revisit.

Agree on Stamkos.

Probably two year deal AAV of 5 Million for Campbell to come here. He probably takes less with a SC Contender.

That is probably the reason why florida went after Yandle, you don't pay him that kind of money any more.   

From Chris Kuc

Source: #Blackhawks are shopping Marcus Kruger and are putting out feelers on possible trade partner for Andrew Shaw.

If we didn't have Larsson for cheap, I think Kruger would be a really nice addition. Still, one could argue getting Kruger and pushing Larsson to the 4th line would be a better overall lineup. No interest in Shaw, however.

Agree on Stamkos.

Campbell doesn't help this team.  And you're right, he wants to go to a contender.  I'll bet he'd take $2M to go to a team with a real shot.  Especially with a coach who knows how to use him.  Enter Dallas.

I JUST started. Just took sip #1.

Seriously, Campbell doesn't put this team over the top in the next two years, and he's too old after that.

Putting this team over the top and helping it are pretty different though. I think he'd be a great mentor, as he was for Ekblad

I'd laugh my ass off if Ekblad goes Myers-Tallinder if Soupy leaves

Edited by WildCard

Campbell doesn't help this team.  And you're right, he wants to go to a contender.  I'll bet he'd take $2M to go to a team with a real shot.  Especially with a coach who knows how to use him.  Enter Dallas.

I think he would be an effective stop gap for us. Some don't. I think it'd be great to see him win a cup with Lindy though I never want to see Dallas win anything again ever. They're like Boston and Toronto fans.

McKenzie and Lavoie both reported today that the phone calls to Montreal on Subban have picked up a lot in the last two days. This is probably because Subban's NTC kicks in on the 1st.

McKenzie said he knows of ten teams with serious interested. General feeling is that a trade is still very unlikely.

What would you give for Subban?

McKenzie and Lavoie both reported today that the phone calls to Montreal on Subban have picked up a lot in the last two days. This is probably because Subban's NTC kicks in on the 1st.

McKenzie said he knows of ten teams with serious interested. General feeling is that a trade is still very unlikely.

What would you give for Subban?

Anyone not named Eichel.

I'd do Eichel for Subban and nine, move Reinhart to centre where he belongs, then draft Jost to get mentored behind Stamkos after I take Juolevi at eight.

But I'd make sure I signed Vesey first.

Edited by dudacek

I'd do Eichel for Subban and nine, move Reinhart to centre where he belongs, then draft Jost to get mentored behind Stamkos after I take Juolevi at eight.

Ban him.

I don't break this core apart for anyone not named McDavid. It's that simple for me

I'm already having buyers' remorse saying I'd do the Reinhart + Risto trade :lol:

Would be a gut punch, that's for sure. Upon further review not sure I'd do it, but I'd have to think long and hard either way.

No

LOL

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.