The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

Eichel's interview about his first game, included him being pretty funny around the 3:30 mark about his abilities and some teammate (Kane? Lehner?) messing with him. Also talks about the team retreat at the end. In the same article, Byslma apparently had this discussion with Eichel about his number change

http://thehockeywriters.com/jack-eichel-switching-to-15/

Bylsma added that Eichel was a bit reluctant to change due to how well he had played with the 41 on his back.

“He’s going to change, although he thought maybe he had done pretty well in training camp and he shouldn’t change,” he said. “I told him he played bad last game and freed him up to change.”
Edited by WildCard

I haven't celebrated a goal like this in over 3 years. And now I've done it twice in one week.

The goal was unbelievable. The best moment for me was watching him maintain possession after the trip by foligno. He is flat out with his feet flailing and is still out stick handling the opposition.

I can't think of a Buffalo athlete with this wonderful combination of skill and personality. OJ? Perreault was shy. Kelly was cocky. Hasek was weird. Pat LaFontaine, I guess.

Good call.

Think of the Super Bowl Bills teams -- a rogues gallery, of sorts. Lot of weird characters.

I think the OJ call is a good one. I myself don't have clear memories of how it was to cheer for OJ. I actually remember him playing for SF as much as anything.

Lafontaine was a heap of fun. But he came to us mid-career (or what should have been mid-career).

Edited by That Aud Smell

Three games. I'm trying to find balance. NHL Network, two days in a row, is describing Eichels's goal vs. Columbus. "Remarkable, followed his shot, like basketball", "a football player throwing a bomb to himself", "beat nine guys to the puck", "Buffalo fans so loud".

Balance ....

Good call.

Think of the Super Bowl Bills teams -- a rogues gallery, of sorts. Lot of weird characters.

I think the OJ call is a good one. I myself don't have clear memories of how it was to cheer for OJ. I actually remember him playing for SF as much as anything.

Lafontaine was a heap of fun. But he came to us mid-career (or what should have been mid-career).

OJ was cool, like global cool, like Muhammad Ali cool ...

Wilt, Ali, Namath, Reggie, The Juice ...

He called in to The Rich Eisen Show today

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ICCQ8sjh7DA&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for posting.  

To summarize for those that don't listen:

Eisen "you are from Boston?"

Eichel "yup"

Eisen "you wanted to be drafted by Bruins?"

Eichel "didn't matter"

Eisen "But Bruins are your fav team?"

Eichel "uh yeah they won the cup when i was in middle school wtf u think"

Eisen "Patriots fan?"

Eichel "yes they are my team, Bills too!"

Is Eisen from Boston? (googled, he's from NYC) Or not a hockey fan?  Thanks for nothing.

Bluetooth. 

My dad is 75. Learned how to use his and now he can't imagine life without it .

You are a mighty oak in the Allegheny forest, but it is ok to bend a little with the winds of change. ;)

We ain't too smart toothwise round here. Not to drudge up an old debate, but don't you think it's the fact you're talking on the phone while driving that could be a problem, not that you're holding a phone?

Eisen got a little too close to Tim Horton territory for my liking.

We ain't too smart toothwise round here. Not to drudge up an old debate, but don't you think it's the fact you're talking on the phone while driving that could be a problem, not that you're holding a phone?

Eisen got a little too close to Tim Horton territory for my liking.

You drudged.

Talking while driving either to a passenger or to your windshield or singing along to a song on the radio has a very low risk of causing an accident. Trying to dial/ searching for a contact/ changing radio stations most definitely increases the risk of an accident. 

Bluetooth for me is a button on my steering wheel and voice commands. A dog or child in my car is far more distracting. 

Nice try on the country bumbkin bit.  Just cause you have a few trees in your yard I'm not falling for the out of touch skit. 

You're not to far from CJ's Spirits, have you ever been there?

You drudged.

Talking while driving either to a passenger or to your windshield or singing along to a song on the radio has a very low risk of causing an accident. Trying to dial/ searching for a contact/ changing radio stations most definitely increases the risk of an accident.

Bluetooth for me is a button on my steering wheel and voice commands. A dog or child in my car is far more distracting.

Nice try on the country bumbkin bit. Just cause you have a few trees in your yard I'm not falling for the out of touch skit.

You're not to far from CJ's Spirits, have you ever been there?

Mythbusters did a distracted driving bit. Talking on your phone was every bit the impairment drinking is.

To the OP question, not sure what Jack is driving but my Caddy dealer didn't let me in the vehicle without setting my bluetooth. As soon as I enter my whip all calls go through the vehicle's infotainment ???? system.

Have to imagine who ever jack bought his luxury vehicle from, gave him the same courtesy.