2016 NHL Draft

Crusader1969

I've been waiting to see Fasching play for us ever since Murray traded for him. He seems very much like McGinn to me, hopefully with more upside and scoring potential.

Me too.

I feel like I'm setting up a bit for a letdown, though. I've let my expectations get a head of steam with the guy.

Where's that thread that provided projections from NCAA to the NHL?

I've been waiting to see Fasching play for us ever since Murray traded for him. He seems very much like McGinn to me, hopefully with more upside and scoring potential.

I've been fortunate to see Fasching live at Madison and Ann Arbor a few times the past couple of years.  In my opinion he needs some seasoning.  He has speed and great hands, but quickness in physical and mental reaction time needs time to ripen to the NHL level.  He is a poor man's Rick Nash more so than the grinder that McGinn is.

I've been fortunate to see Fasching live at Madison and Ann Arbor a few times the past couple of years. In my opinion he needs some seasoning. He has speed and great hands, but quickness in physical and mental reaction time needs time to ripen to the NHL level. He is a poor man's Rick Nash more so than the grinder that McGinn is.

Cool. Thanks for the observations. I've seen YouTube highlights only. I'd love to see him get a tryout with the big club to end the season then get his shot in training camp next year before being assigned to Rochester if it shows he's not ready for primetime.

If Fasching is able to step in and play next season, he looks to be a perfect compliment for Eichel. If we were to end up with Chychrun, and he too can step in next year, in a similar way to how Ekblad did, I think we make the playoffs next season, barring major injury concerns. While I would still rather draft Matthews, Chychrun would be my second choice and I believe give us the best chance in the immediate future of making the playoffs. With a Kane - ROR - Reinhart first line, a second line next year of Girgensons - Eichel - Fasching could do some major damage. Adding an NHL ready Chychrun makes the biggest difference to next year's team. Top 4 I mentioned above, and we are looking good for next year and I think going forward. Eichel's line to first line duties soon enough.

A while back I said BU currently has four guys projected in the first. I missed one, it's five. That's crazy. I'm sure a couple will fall too the second, but if even three go I don't remember seeing that for any school.

In 2006 Minnesota had Erik Johnson (1), Phil Kessel (5), Kyle Okposo (7) and David Fischer (20) all taken in the first round.

Patrik Laine with 1G and 1A today in 6-5 SO loss. He missed his chance in the shoot-out but the kid is nothing but impressive.

Ranked top 10 in the entire league in PPG. Kid wont turn 18 until this coming April.

Its going to be interesting watching him and Puljujarvi to see if one can solidify themselves as the 2nd overall pick in June.

Patrik Laine with 1G and 1A today in 6-5 SO loss. He missed his chance in the shoot-out but the kid is nothing but impressive.

Ranked top 10 in the entire league in PPG. Kid wont turn 18 until this coming April.

Its going to be interesting watching him and Puljujarvi to see if one can solidify themselves as the 2nd overall pick in June.

Can this be your new avatar?

Patrik_Laine.jpg

Also, Puljujarvi looks just like Adam from Workaholics

Rooted around you tube for a few of these prospects and Laine has some nice highlights, Puljujarvi as well. Either would be nice on Eichels wing. Appreciate the info on the kids, I just come here and get all I need so thanks.

It's weird to think that many of the names of this thread will be the talk of many other threads in the next ten years...

That is so true: when most of our top end talent is still barely in their 20's.  Those who are will be in the "Gionta, Moulson" stage of their carrier but possibly still relevant.  

I would like to apologize to the board for my comment on Saturday night.  I will not defend it.

This will be my last post for awhile.

Currently Jacob Chychrun sits a level below what I consider Laine and Puljujarvi to be at.  We should draft best player available. Unless Chychrun raises his game, he isn't at this other level. Matthews is obviously the #1 guy right now but if we are in the top 3, either trade back or better still draft the big winger. We may need defense but with Ristolainen I think that we could look to trade for the #2 guy in his pair.  Basically I believe it will be easier to trade for what we need then by sacrificing our draft to make sure we fill a position.  Remember that winger is also a position we lack high end talent at.  Best player this year. If that is Chychrun then great but at this stage he sits below Mathews, Puljujarvi, and Laine in my book.

I can see why I forget about that one, a series of one and dones (I'll include Okposo as one)... which is exactly what BU will get.

Doubtful. BU's players are mid to late firsts so they'll likely be there for a few years if they don't bet for juniors or overseas.

Doubtful. BU's players are mid to late firsts so they'll likely be there for a few years if they don't bet for juniors or overseas.

Two years tops, but yes, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if at least two jump ship to juniors.

Oh and stop taking things so literally (insert winking face here since I'm on my phone)

Edited by shrader

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.