Report: Murray discussing trading 2015 1st with Colorado

LGR4GM

So woke up this morning to find out that there have been serious discussion between Tim Murray and Joe Sakic about a trade involving the Sabres 2015 1st round pick for Ryan O'Reilly, Nick Magyar, and Colorado's 2015 1st. 

Insider Trading, talks between Col and Buf over possible trade of Buf 2015 1st for O'Reilly, Magyar and Col 2015 1st #Sabres #Avalanche

Rumors out of Buffalo indicate serious talks between Murray and Sakic over exchange of 2015 1st round picks and Ryan O'Reilly #Sabres

Edited by Ligerovich 4GM

Four possibilities:

1) Finish 30th pre or post-lottery: NFW we make that trade.

2) Finish 29th pre-lottery: do we trade 1/3 chance at McEichel for that?  I doubt it.

3) Finish 29th post-lottery w/ Arizona/Buffalo win: See #1

4) Finish 29th post-lottery w/ any other winner: I'd be fine with something like that.

#2 is the tough one.  You would certainly require more value than the #3 pick after the lottery would command (else, you'd just wait), but it would still be a tough pill to swallow.

I'd have to guess this is his plan in the event we get 3rd overall in the draft.

Seeing as Strome/Hanifan wouldn't be quite as useful for us with us presently having plenty of D prospects and Strome and Reinhart are too similar.

Agree 100%. No way he does anything remotely like this with McEichel.

Most of us have said if we finish 3rd he will probably move the pick. He almost has to.