GDT Sabres at Arizona 3/30/15 10pm MSG WGR

Brawndo

I still expect them to complete the tank, but I have to say I'm encouraged that they are playing with that killer instinct late into games. I would have preferred to have the December winning streak now (with losses at that time) so the lead on the shart would have been bigger, then I could enjoy their current play more.

If the Sabres do end up with Eichel, there's a chance he won't join the team next year. I read an article where several NHLers that jumped out of the NCAA after one season said they wished they'd stayed another year or two. The article pointed out that Eichel is an exceptional player, but he could still conceivably stay in college another year.

I think if the Sabres got him that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. It would give the Sabres a season to build up before getting their premium player dumped in their lap.

I think the only benefit to that would be not having to break in two rookie scoring line centers at the same time next year. Eichel was the best player in NCAA hockey this year as an 18 year old. He can handle the pros although spending an extra year there would only develop him further. I think he goes pro immediately though.

I went out last night, first time in forever I actually sat down for beer and hockey.... Went to a buffalo wild wings..... Everyone there was totally in on the tank, however shortly into the game you could tell the Sabres were in it to win it.... From what I saw, it was 2 bad teams. I didn't get the sense of mailing it in from either side...for the sabs to put up 40 SOG is nothing short of amazing tho.

I drank, left saddened to an extent and now have to deal with whiny patients, oh joy

I think he goes pro immediately though.

That's what the article concluded too. Still... you never know.

for the sabs to put up 40 SOG is nothing short of amazing tho.

I watched the game and they kept announcing the shots on goal, but I didn't get the sense that we were outshooting them. Maybe it's just such foreign territory my brain can't wrap itself around the concept.

Yup, these guys are LOVING the fact that people are pissed.....and rightly so

Lots of shouts of joy coming from Sabres' dressing room.

Man, are we (SS as a community) mild compared to most of those tweets! It seems as whole we have an understanding of both in and out of the locker room. I think, as fans, we have made TN job much easier in the motivational department for the end of the season.

Give the Bastards something to BOO about, NOW LETS GO BOYS!!

Yup, these guys are LOVING the fact that people are pissed.....and rightly so

f92a65b60c39f7ef281385eb1474c16b_normal.John Vogl[/size] @BuffNewsVogl

Follow

Lots of shouts of joy coming from Sabres' dressing room.

12:33 AM - 31 Mar 2015

So all this time all we had to do to motivate the Sabres was to root for the other team. Who knew?

C'mon. Celebrating wins now is just as much baiting as cheering for loses was early in the season.

I really do find all the hysteria pretty funny, though. Especially because, "It was never about one guy!"

To your first point: Yeap.

To your second: still wrong. Being extremely disappointed and viewing this season as a failure STILL doesn't mean the whole plan was about one guy, no matter how many times you repeat it.

Ah, now I finally understand why they say he's the hardest working guy on the team.... always swimming upstream.

DISCLAIMER: My joke is only funny if you have an understanding that Coho is a nickname of a hockey player on the Buffalo Sabres while also being the breed of a Pacific Northwest fish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coho_salmon

I still expect them to complete the tank, but I have to say I'm encouraged that they are playing with that killer instinct late into games. I would have preferred to have the December winning streak now (with losses at that time) so the lead on the shart would have been bigger, then I could enjoy their current play more.

If the Sabres do end up with Eichel, there's a chance he won't join the team next year. I read an article where several NHLers that jumped out of the NCAA after one season said they wished they'd stayed another year or two. The article pointed out that Eichel is an exceptional player, but he could still conceivably stay in college another year.

I think if the Sabres got him that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. It would give the Sabres a season to build up before getting their premium player dumped in their lap.

No, there is not. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.