GDT Sabres at Red Wings 1-18-2015 8PM NBCSN, WGR

Brawndo

It's not so much thinking it will have a negative effect as it is not thinking it will have a positive one. I don't mind him sitting when earned, I just don't think his play had sunk to a level to justify benching him for Mess.

I implore you to watch the tape of that game.

I swear he was texting someone on his phone during one of the goals against.

Does this look like a hungry player to you?

3 goals against, he's guarding the empty side board on the PP as Simmonds teabags the goalie on the screen.....literally teabags him...

He makes Cody Hodgson look like a superior backchecker on the 2nd one.

The 3rd was the best......floating as the guy jumps up and goes right to the net with a clear shot.

He looks like a crappy version of Ehrhoff from last year......

Edited by Ghost of Dwight Drane

I agree and I've tried to adhere to that although I may have slipped a few times recently with the giddiness that comes with such stellar CHL play. There's no need to troll our fellow Sabres fans just because we disagree on the best way forward. To the Carrion thread. Go Sabres!

Could we create a Carrion GDT? That's probably too much

Could we create a Carrion GDT? That's probably too much

Yeah, too much.

I made the mistake of reading the last two GDTs before watching the games; they weren't on GameCenter as they were on local TV (Philly and NBCSN). It's going to be tough to push through these two.

All players, especially rookies who are used to playing for winning teams, get dragged down by being on the worstest team in the league. Ehrhoff is still a fine player and Risto will be fine.

You don't let a rookie coast like that. Especially one who is supposed be counted on as a top player going forward.

Side note.....did you see the movie Whiplash? It's pretty much if Lindy Ruff was a music teacher.......

You don't let a rookie coast like that. Especially one who is supposed be counted on as a top player going forward.

Side note.....did you see the movie Whiplash? It's pretty much if Lindy Ruff was a music teacher.......

I agree, which is why I have no problem with him spending a game or two watching. I'm just not worried long term. And I haven't seen Whiplash, but Lindy's way too sane to be a music teacher.

Tank fan here and entire comeback game attendee.

As am I.

I would be fine with the Sabres losing every game until 30th is locked up.

That being said tank talk in the GDTs does not belong. The GDTs are the board's "logo on the locker room floor", they should respected no matter how tarnished the product is.

Lot's of people say they were there. I believe you, but, just in case, what was the unusual very loud noise that us fans made during the second half of that game. If you can answer, you have me entirely convinced.

I have read numerous comments above arguing the pros and cons of including Tank-related comments in the GDTs

Out of respect to the sensitivities of fellow Sabres fans upset over the inclusion of Tank-comments, I promise to not mention the Tank in any posts I make on GDTs until after the All-Star Break.

I have read numerous comments above arguing the pros and cons of including Tank-related comments in the GDTs

Out of respect to the sensitivities of fellow Sabres fans upset over the inclusion of Tank-comments, I promise to not mention the Tank in any posts I make on GDTs until after the All-Star Break.

How incredibly kind of you.

Lot's of people say they were there. I believe you, but, just in case, what was the unusual very loud noise that us fans made during the second half of that game. If you can answer, you have me entirely convinced.

Cheering. At the end of the first half there was mostly grumbling about how bad the team was, and you could have heard a pin drop in the stadium when Christie lined up for the FG Attempt in OT.

More specifically I was in Section N2, Row 11 Seat 3.

You mean the bronx cheer when Kenneth Davis made it 35-10? And I wanted to leave..I had walked halfway up the aisle at 35-3, but my Dad convinced me to stay "until the Oilers score again"....

Cheering. At the end of the first half there was mostly grumbling about how bad the team was, and you could have heard a pin drop in the stadium when Christie lined up for the FG Attempt in OT.

More specifically I was in Section N2, Row 11 Seat 3.

I was looking for banging on the metal bleachers, which was unusually loud that day, because fewer butts made for better resonance. Admittedly, that was a tricky question.

You mean the bronx cheer when Kenneth Davis made it 35-10? And I wanted to leave..I had walked halfway up the aisle at 35-3, but my Dad convinced me to stay "until the Oilers score again"....

By the time Andre did that two hand behind the back spike, the place was going nuts.

OK. You two can both keep your fan cards. I'm not really The Fun Police. I actually have very little authority here. Just go on about your business.

Dude, Christmas is ###### over. Get that nasty kissy kissy love stuff out of here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.