Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Fans are allowed to wonder and hope for anything they want. The problem I have with all your scenarios is that

A) you act like they don't know they need better QB play

B) you make it sound like they can just decide to go out and get what 20 other teams are looking for because they want to

You act like they're not professionals and like they can just fall back on excuses. "Only a few other teams have done it recently so we don't have to do it and get a pass for not doing it."

It's not easy. Getting a legitimate QB is hard... But I expect them to at least try.

Why are these announcers acting like that was the end of the first quarter? That drive was crazy and they acted like it meant nothing. This game is ridiculous. We all know the piece of ###### Patriots are winning this game. Ugh. I hate sports.

Not only this game, they're winning the SB. I can't think of any easier road to the SB than this AFC provides this year, and with GB so inconsistent, the Panthers so young, and Arizona having Carson Palmer, I just don't see anyone beating them. Tom Brady will solidify his spot as the greatest QB in NFL history this year, at SB 50. Hell, odds are they'll do it with a perfect record too. ###### me

Edited by WildCard

Not only this game, they're winning the SB. I can't think of any easier road to the SB than this AFC provides this year, and with GB so inconsistent, the Panthers so young, and Arizona having Carson Palmer, I just don't see anyone beating them. Tom Brady will solidify his spot as the greatest QB in NFL history this year, at SB 50. Hell, odds are they'll do it with a perfect record too. ###### me

If Gronk is done for the year, I don't think they can beat the top NFC teams...and could lose to somebody like the Bengals or Steelers (or Broncos depending on what their QB play is like). Gronk is that important IMO.

Separately, I'd really like the NFL to change the intentional grounding rules. Brady had no idea where he was throwing that ball, he just got lucky a receiver was nearby. But it was intentional grounding by any real definition.

If Gronk is done for the year, I don't think they can beat the top NFC teams...and could lose to somebody like the Bengals or Steelers (or Broncos depending on what their QB play is like). Gronk is that important IMO.

Separately, I'd really like the NFL to change the intentional grounding rules. Brady had no idea where he was throwing that ball, he just got lucky a receiver was nearby. But it was intentional grounding by any real definition.

###### YES

Well, so much for that undefeated thing  :beer:  :beer:

I really think that if a player or coach utters an F-bomb at an official, it should be unsportsmanlike conduct.  The Patriots would never win another game.

These guys are crying about Gronk being called for offensive interference.  It seems to me he could be called for that 5 times a game.  He runs to the sticks, shoves the defender out of the way and makes the catch.  Heck the Patriots pretty much invented the modern art of offensive interference!

(in hockey penalizing F-bombs wouldn't leave anyone on the ice!)

You act like they're not professionals and like they can just fall back on excuses. "Only a few other teams have done it recently so we don't have to do it and get a pass for not doing it."

It's not easy. Getting a legitimate QB is ###### hard... But I expect them to at least try.

Who says they aren't trying? Whaley has been in charge two and a half years and brought in at least five guys and we know he at least tried a couple others. The only guy we know for sure that he passed on that has had any success is Derek Carr.

Just because he didn't draft guys for no other reason then they play QB doesn't mean he isn't trying.

He has said on at least three occasions that until they gind that "franchise" QB, their only option is to build up the rest of the roster. He knows what they need.

Great QBs change culture. Hell, we'd be talking about the Hartford Patriots possibly if Brady didn't come to the rescue.

Absolutely no reason to think they can't? Okay.

Still stand by the dumb luck comment, Claude?

Since your original point referenced Brady specifically, you know the GOAT.  Then yes I am. 

They lucked into Brady, yes. But that's not the standard for finding QBs.

Actually, luck plays a big role. You, yourself, advocate drafting one every year in the hopes of stinking upon the guy. Green Bay gets Rodgers after he plummets in a year no one is desperate for a QB. Indy gets Luck largely because Manniing suffers the only major injury of his life. Pittsburgh drafts Rothlesberger because Dallas backs out of a deal with the Bills and the Dteelers just wanted to mess with Donahoe. Seattle trades for Flynn and Whitehurst and give them crazy money only to have Wilson fall to them. Teams like Carolina are fortunate enough to implode the year Newton is available while Cleveland gets Couch.

Look, we really want the same thing and if there is a way to trade up for someone or trade for someone established, I'm all for it no matter how Taylor does the rest of the year. And I truly believe they feel the same way, I just don't think it's as easy as just deciding to do it.

Rex is talking today.... Some notes:

- still won't take responsibility for poor challenge decisions. Would only go as far as saying he needs to put a better process in place, but he was clearly blaming the others in the process. Said he chose not to challenge the Hogan play because they only had one timeout.

- Alex Carrington "doesn't look good." Report is he's out for the season.

- Wait and see this week for Karlos. Injury isn't severe.

- Hopes Mario can play in "some capacity."

- Nigel Bradham is out this week.

- Not feeling good about John Miller's status this week.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.