Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Exactly. I have no idea how anyone can watch Matt Cassel play football and pencil him in for a victory against anybody. He's not mediocre, he's horrible. In fact, I don't know how you can believe he's mediocre but also not believe he should be a starter--almost by definition, mediocre QBs should be starters on teams in the bottom half of the league.

Three weeks ago Cassel threw 3 picks against the Giants...think that wasn't throwing the game away like EJ did against the Jags? He couldn't break 100 yards against Seattle, which while still a very good defense, isn't what it was the last two seasons. The last full game he played in Minnesota he had 4 picks. I don't have the faintest idea how Cassel somehow got a reputation as this decent game manager who doesn't turn the ball over or lose games for his team, but it is totally inaccurate. The worst part about him is that after he starts to cost his team a game, he doesn't have the talent to make the plays to get his team back in it.

Yes -- Cassel turned it over 3 times vs the Giants, on the road, at night -- a much tougher assignment than vs. the Jags at a neutral site.  Even so, Cassel brought the Cowboys back and tied the game in the 4th quarter, at which point Dallas' special teams gave up a KO return touchdown and then fumbled a punt return.

And while you are certainly free to have a hard time believing that anyone can feel confident that the Bills would've beaten Jax with Cassel (who has 34 wins in the NFL) instead of EJ (who has 6), I'd guess you are a member of a small minority in feeling that way.

I'm still amazed that a backup QB choice can spark this much discussion.  If we're ready to send a GM packing, it better not be because of who he picked to carry the clipboard.

The reason it's relevant is that it should've been crystal clear that TT couldn't be relied upon to be a capable starter or to stay healthy -- so the backup was going to play at some point -- and a team that is built to win now cannot afford to throw away however many games it is that TT is either hurt or ineffective.

And while you are certainly free to have a hard time believing that anyone can feel confident that the Bills would've beaten Jax with Cassel (who has 34 wins in the NFL) instead of EJ (who has 6), I'd guess you are a member of a small minority in feeling that way.

Hmmm...Cassel has ~ 6 times the amount of wins. I wonder how many more games he's played than EJ...

Hmmm...Cassel has ~ 6 times the amount of wins. I wonder how many more games he's played than EJ...

Cassel 34-41 (45% win %age)

EJ 6-10 (38% win %age)

The SHOCKING conclusion, they're both pretty horrible. Although not as horrible as comparing QB win stats in a game that involves roughly 33 players (11 on offense and defense and special teams) and about a dozen coaches in order to win one game. This post isn't directed at you specifically inkman, just using your question as my soapbox. 

Cassel 34-41 (45% win %age)

EJ 6-10 (38% win %age)

The SHOCKING conclusion, they're both pretty horrible. Although not as horrible as comparing QB win stats in a game that involves roughly 33 players (11 on offense and defense and special teams) and about a dozen coaches in order to win one game. This post isn't directed at you specifically inkman, just using your question as my soapbox.

I know this isn't directed at me but QB affects his team more than any other sport.

Peter King today on Stafford vs T-Mobile

'3. I think Matthew Stafford isn’t for everyone, but if he’s indeed available after the season his services should absolutely be in demand. Stafford’s biggest strength is the ability to sling it downfield, something that requires, y’know, pass protection, so receivers have time to actually run downfield. The flawed roster built by now-dismissed GM Martin Mayhew is desperately lacking in that area.

Based on absolutely nothing I’ve heard, I’ll just throw this out: Buffalo? We’ll see how Tyrod Taylor progresses as a pocket passer, but Richie Incognito solidified the interior of that line, they have a running game to set up some play-action deep shots, and while I still like Sammy Watkins more as a catch-and-run guy, he and (if healthy) Percy Harvin can get behind defenses.

But most of all, the Bills have a roster that’s ready to win, with the exception of the quarterback. I’m not sure they have the patience to wait for a rookie to develop, even if they could get their hands on one of the draft’s top passers."

The sequence that broke Miami's back yesterday.

3rd and 4 Buffalo gets called for a hold.

If Miami declines the penalty it leaves Buffalo with a 51 yard FG or a punt.

Miami elects to enforce the penalty giving Buffalo a 3rd and 14

TT throws a bomb to SW and the game was effectively over.

And oh yeah, Suh gets absolutely mugged on the play and no call is made.

I thought at the time Miami should have declined the penalty and forced Buffalo to make a FG/punt decision with a close game on the line,

Edited by wjag

Seeing on Twitter that Rex has named IK whats-his-name a captain against the Jets.

Rex said at his press conference that this game is just another game, just another opponent, that this game is about two teams battling for a playoff spot, that this isn't about him or anything peripheral to the need for a precious "W" in the NFL.

And then he names the Jets Jawbreaker a captain. That is some Class A trolling right there.

Rex is a strange dude. I'm not sure I like the move.

Edit: Well, wait a second.

“Yeah….,” Ryan responded when asked if there was a chance Enemkpali would be named captain for the game. “I’m gonna get ripped for whatever…I do this all the time.  Anybody that’s played (for the opposition) you’re going to see.  Will (Matthew) Mulligan be out there? Yep.  He’ll be out there.”

Ryan said he does it to allow those players to be recognized by their former teammates.  “That’s how I do the captains.  If IK went out there by himself maybe that would be a different statement," he said.  "But that’s not what we do."

I find this really hard to believe.

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/663741268607016960

Karlos LeSean Sammy We're the 1st team in NFL history with two 100-yd rushers + a 150-yd receiver in the same game.

It's the first time in Bills history, not the league. The fact is right, but wrong

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.