Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Anyways, I went to the game today. It's really weird, but through the entire tailgating, noise, food, etc., I still had way more fun at the Sabres game Saturday afternoon. Seeing Eichel live is beyond cool, the arena just gets a different vibe when he's out there. I'll never forget that game.

As for the Bills, good win, and a must win. Pretty stoked about Thursday night game, despite the jerseys. It's a damn good weekend when you get to attend both a Sabres and Bills win :beer:

We've gone over this in multiple threads True, joking is not allowed

And there's Meh Cassel throwing a huge pick 6

Wait, you were at the game Saturday and didn't give us a summary in the GDT from the perspective of being there yet? I'm disappointed

He's so, so bad. For all of the consternation directed at Rex and the coaches, they deserve a huge amount of credit for 1) pushing Whaley to go get Taylor and 2) choosing him as the starter. For a team with playoff aspirations, it would have been so easy to go with the "safe" veteran who has had some "success" in the league before, but they made the bold (and right) choice. 

That is IT! I'm going to my room and not coming out for dinner!

And yet, Cassel looked good enough last night to have been able to, say, get the Bills a W vs Jacksonville, innit?  And 5-3 right now gets the Bills much closer to the playoffs than 4-4 does -- which was the whole point of getting Cassel, and the whole reason why dumping him was idiotic.

And yet, Cassel looked good enough last night to have been able to, say, get the Bills a W vs Jacksonville, innit? And 5-3 right now gets the Bills much closer to the playoffs than 4-4 does -- which was the whole point of getting Cassel, and the whole reason why dumping him was idiotic.

Last night, sure, but what about weeks before when he had 90 yards and 3 picks? You can't just pick one random game and say "see, look at that, that's a win if he does that against the Jags!" Can do the same thing with a random EJ game. What a terrible argument.

EJ and Matt Cassel suck equally, deal with it.

Edit: One more thing, how much do you think Cassel would have done last night without Dez? Because in magical fairly land where he's our QB against the Jags, he wouldn't have Watkins.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Tyrod being back helped but damn did our RB's just own the crap out of Miami.

Last night, sure, but what about weeks before when he had 90 yards and 3 picks? You can't just pick one random game and say "see, look at that, that's a win if he does that against the Jags!" Can do the same thing with a random EJ game. What a terrible argument.

Edit: One more thing, how much do you think Cassel would have done last night without Dez? Because in magical fairly land where he's our QB against the Jags, he wouldn't have Watkins.

Wooo Wooo Wooo....

are you suggesting Dez Bryant is good at football and helps QB's look better? That's crazy talk.

I don't agree.  EJ is a train wreck that gave away a game to one of the worst teams in the NFL.  Cassel is a mediocrity who certainly shouldn't be a starter but who still has enough game to come in as a backup and not lose games for his team.  This year for Dallas he's kept his team close and given them a chance to win against 3 good teams. 

Do you not think the Bills would've won the Jax game with Cassel?

I don't agree.  EJ is a train wreck that gave away a game to one of the worst teams in the NFL.  Cassel is a mediocrity who certainly shouldn't be a starter but who still has enough game to come in as a backup and not lose games for his team.  This year for Dallas he's kept his team close and given them a chance to win against 3 good teams. 

Without question.  That Jags came will sting like crazy in Week 17..

Edited by wjag

So the Sabres and Bills both play on Thursday night... :rolleyes: :wallbash: :(

Of course they are, wouldn't wanna make this easy or anything. Luckily we have 2 tvs going for that, so we'll be watching both

@buffalobills: McCoy on his shoulder injury: "We'll treat it up. I should be fine for Thursday's game." https://t.co/RdUNtRcl2R 

Schefter agrees too

Cassell may not have handed the Jags 21 points but he's not putting up the points EJ did either. He's god awful.

Exactly. I have no idea how anyone can watch Matt Cassel play football and pencil him in for a victory against anybody. He's not mediocre, he's horrible. In fact, I don't know how you can believe he's mediocre but also not believe he should be a starter--almost by definition, mediocre QBs should be starters on teams in the bottom half of the league.

Three weeks ago Cassel threw 3 picks against the Giants...think that wasn't throwing the game away like EJ did against the Jags? He couldn't break 100 yards against Seattle, which while still a very good defense, isn't what it was the last two seasons. The last full game he played in Minnesota he had 4 picks. I don't have the faintest idea how Cassel somehow got a reputation as this decent game manager who doesn't turn the ball over or lose games for his team, but it is totally inaccurate. The worst part about him is that after he starts to cost his team a game, he doesn't have the talent to make the plays to get his team back in it.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.