Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I almost passed on this game (as others mentioned).  Actually, the plan was watch the game at home through the first half and get a few things done around the house.  I figured it would be on local TV because Texans.  Nope, they put on Giants/Jets.

So I went over to Buffalo Bros, got there at the beginning of the 2nd quarter.  I'm glad I went.  At this point I feel like they're a longshot at the playoffs, so I feel like I'm playing with the house's money.

And I'll say this:  I thought the Bills really cleaned up the mental mistakes (unnecessary roughness, unsportsmanlike, etc.)  Maybe they've finally outgrown Rex.

Kirk Counsins > Tyrod Taylor as far as actual quarterbacking... Easily. Kirk Cousins is the lazy man's bad QB... Takes little brain power to act like he's bad.

Last five weeks while his team fights for a division title and plays for a bad team:

71.3% 1,367, 10 TDs, 2INTs

K bye

(That may be six weeks, can't count fingers drunk)

Taylor vs. Cousins on the season:

Games played: 9 to 11

Attempts: 250 to 392

CMP%: 66 to 68.4

Yards: 1960 to 2787

Y/G: 218 to 253

Y/ATT: 7.84 to 7.11

TDs: 14 to 16

INTs: 4 to 10

QBR: 69.6 to 59.3

Rating: 101.8 to 91.7

And that's not even getting into what Tyrod adds with his legs. But keep on thinking that Cousins is clearly a lot better. If it takes little brain power to say that Cousins is bad, it takes even less to say he's good while Taylor is mediocre.

Taylor vs. Cousins on the season:

Games played: 9 to 11

Attempts: 250 to 392

CMP%: 66 to 68.4

Yards: 1960 to 2787

Y/G: 218 to 253

Y/ATT: 7.84 to 7.11

TDs: 14 to 16

INTs: 4 to 10

QBR: 69.6 to 59.3

Rating: 101.8 to 91.7

And that's not even getting into what Tyrod adds with his legs. But keep on thinking that Cousins is clearly a lot better. If it takes little brain power to say that Cousins is bad, it takes even less to say he's good while Taylor is mediocre.

So what you're telling me with those stats is that both QBs are having very good statistical seasons. I probably do undersell Tyrod, but I'm still very confident that his limitations will never allow him to do a ton of winning. He's wildly inconsistent in the middle of the field and on short throws which is key to a player of his style.

When I watch Cousins I see him making plays to every area of the field like you want your QB to do.

Difference of opinion. I don't think many people have taken the time to watch or think about Kirk Cousins since his early struggles. I hope he leaves Washington because I hate them, but I think he's got a chance to be a good QB on a good team.

Side note: it'll be interesting to see the MVP debate. Brady had it locked up but has lost two straight weeks and was bad against Philly yesterday. If the Panthers run the table I think it has to be Cam Newton.

Otherwise there's Carson Palmer, JJ Watt and not too much more.

Edited by Hoss

So what you're telling me with those stats is that both QBs are having very good statistical seasons. I probably do undersell Tyrod, but I'm still very confident that his limitations will never allow him to do a ton of winning. He's wildly inconsistent in the middle of the field and on short throws which is key to a player of his style.

When I watch Cousins I see him making plays to every area of the field like you want your QB to do.

Difference of opinion. I don't think many people have taken the time to watch or think about Kirk Cousins since his early struggles. I hope he leaves Washington because I hate them, but I think he's got a chance to be a good QB on a good team.

Well tonight will tell us a lot about Cousins.  Must win game on national stage

What's the deal with Cam? I know this isn't the way to analyze, but I don't get to watch Panthers games. His stats look real average, and my friends say they win because of their defense. What's he doing to deserve MVP talk? (I'm asking out of ignorance, not as a challenge, I believe y'all that he deserves to be in the running just want to know why)

What's the deal with Cam? I know this isn't the way to analyze, but I don't get to watch Panthers games. His stats look real average, and my friends say they win because of their defense. What's he doing to deserve MVP talk? (I'm asking out of ignorance, not as a challenge, I believe y'all that he deserves to be in the running just want to know why)

Yesterday he exchanged blow for blow with Drew Brees and the Saints. The Saints offense has been struggling lately so the Panthers defense definitely had a rough game.

His defense has definitely been a huge part of their success, but he's making every play they need and then some. Kuechly and Norman are two of the very best at their position.

The team's #1 WR is Ted Ginn. Sure, Greg Olsen is a great TE, but...Ted Ginn.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.