Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I'm with D4rk and Smell. Furthermore, I truly believe that seething hatred and public smack make rivalries so much better. Bring it on.

I mean sh*t, we're watching a bunch of highly paid man-children play a game for our amusement. If they aren't going to talk sophomoric smack at each other then what are we even paying them for? 

People watch WWE for a reason, ya know?

I don't mind the talk as much as I mind the national attention.  One game does not justify elevating the Bills to this stature.  Go ahead and beat NE and then you can say they have turned the corner.

Can't believe Bills fans would spare their coin to bring in the Guinness book of record folks.  They needed 8K.  When I looked earlier, they were at >9K and counting.

I don't mind the talk as much as I mind the national attention.  One game does not justify elevating the Bills to this stature.  Go ahead and beat NE and then you can say they have turned the corner.

Can't believe Bills fans would spare their coin to bring in the Guinness book of record folks.  They needed 8K.  When I looked earlier, they were at >9K and counting.

according to WGR, the extra $$ is being donated directly to Jim Kelly's Hunter's Hope Foundation.  Awesome!

I'm going to the game Sunday with the whole family (my wife, sister and her boyfriend, and my mom (her 50th bday) and my stepdad).  I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time.  

This is Rex Ryan football. The hype machine isn't just for the fan base. The one thing this team has lacked for so long is unapologetic confidence. You know what, if they go into Sunday talking talk and get blown up, fine. But tempered enthusiasm going up against arguably the most hated team in the NFL is just poor entertainment. I like a Bills team that is spoilin' for a fight. 

Watch Brady getting sacked and limping of the field in the first 5 minutes :p

Let's hope it's a smokescreen.

Belichick has a simple philosophy: Get as much information as possible about the other team. Limit as much information as possible about his team.

Would be nice if we used it against him. It's the reason Brady's on the injury list every week.

Edited by musichunch

The stadium was louder at last year's opener versus the Dolphins than it was this past Sunday versus the Colts, in my opinion.

Sal Capaccio said on WGR this morning that the Colts game this past Sunday was definitely the loudest he'd heard (from the field; not sure how long he's been at field level for games?)  Specifically, on 3rd/4th downs on the Colts' first touchdown drive.  I suppose I can take his word for it on this one :)

I think the Guinness World Record thing for this week is kind of silly, and a little random, but should be fun nonetheless.  I'll be sitting with a rowdier crew this week, so that's good.  But, I can't help but think that this effort would be more successful if it was during a home playoff game.

Sal Capaccio said on WGR this morning that the Colts game this past Sunday was definitely the loudest he'd heard (from the field; not sure how long he's been at field level for games?)  Specifically, on 3rd/4th downs on the Colts' first touchdown drive.  I suppose I can take his word for it on this one :)

I think the Guinness World Record thing for this week is kind of silly, and a little random, but should be fun nonetheless.  I'll be sitting with a rowdier crew this week, so that's good.  But, I can't help but think that this effort would be more successful if it was during a home playoff game.

This IS a home playoff game. 

I agree that the Guinness thing is cool, but we don't have a prayer of a record being set on Sunday IMO. Unless we pull a Pats* and fug with the decibel meter...... 

I'll be there, sitting in the JK club as I have for the past few years.  Half the people in there stay inside even if the weather is nice, and those who are outside pretty much sit on their hands for the whole game.

SDS getting some fame! 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000532919/article/bills-ready-to-make-statement-vs-patriots-plus-week-2-subplots

Whether Taylor and Harvin and Sammy Watkins can take advantage of the Patriots' still-settling-in secondary the way Ben Roethlisbergerand Antonio Brown did in the Kickoff Game remains to be seen. But one fan who emailed this week -- Scott Sarama, a longtime and well-informed Bills supporter who founded the fan websiteTwoBillsDrive.com -- said Taylor's performance gave fans evidence-based hope that the team has finally landed a worthwhile young quarterback.

Sarama knows how those fans feel. For years, he said, Billssupporters endured the same depressing conversations: Which city might the franchise relocate to? Which star player would leave in free agency? Which D-list coach would come to Buffalo next? The negativity soured his outlook on every season.

"That weight has been finally lifted," Sarama said in an email. "We are talking meaningfully about a talent-laden defense shutting down Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski. We are talking meaningfully about an offense led by a dynamic, intelligent young quarterback and what he needs to do to pick apart a mediocre Patriots defensive unit. All the other nonsense is gone -- and it feels so good."

Edited by WildCard

NFL is toast once they discover a way to diagnose CTE in living people. Boxing and MMA for sure.

All contact sports probably. Definitely hockey. 

I can't see that happening though. I think it will be forced upon the players to understand the risks they're taking. 

Parents of child athletes will be the ones with the toughest decisions to make. 

All contact sports probably. Definitely hockey. 

I can't see that happening though. I think it will be forced upon the players to understand the risks they're taking. 

Parents of child athletes will be the ones with the toughest decisions to make. 

If anything, contact sports will wither and die becuase fewer parents will enroll their kids in them.

If anything, contact sports will wither and die becuase fewer parents will enroll their kids in them.

Or they will continue their current trend, and in a back-to-the-future sort of way, become a sort of gladiator blood sport wherein the poor risk life and limb for the amusement of the wealthy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.