Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

OK, but if Sammy is what he might be -- a true gamebreaker at WR -- that is a much more valuable piece than a guard or a punter.

He looked like a force of nature yesterday.

True, but he'll never be as valuable as a quarterback, defensive lineman, or blindside tackle. Even if he's Jerry Rice Junior. In my opinion. (And the aggregate opinion of NFL GMs. :) )

True, but he'll never be as valuable as a quarterback, defensive lineman, or blindside tackle. Even if he's Jerry Rice Junior. In my opinion. (And the aggregate opinion of NFL GMs. :) )

Well, it depends on how good the QB, DL or OT is, innit?

Other than Ted Washington, I don't think any of the Bills that have been mentioned on this sub-topic so far have been good enough to say that Sammy, by definition, can't be more valuable than him.

Other than Ted Washington, I don't think any of the Bills that have been mentioned on this sub-topic so far have been good enough to say that Sammy, by definition, can't be more valuable than him.

Let's put it this way: I definitely hope that his ceiling is high enough to make me think he's the best player on the team someday.

I suppose it would depend on the punter or the guard then too, huh? :)

(and IMO, the Quarterback would not have to be that great to be more valuable than the game-breaking WR.)

Huge win by the Bills. Great game by Sammy....again. Why didn't we throw it to him in the NE game again? Sportsclubstats still only giving us a 30% at making the playoffs. That game against KC is huge especially if we think there's an outside shot at the wildcard. As someone said, 3 of the next 4 is a must. KC (home), Miami (road), NY Jets (home), Cleveland (home).

1 for 9 on the first 9 3rd down conversions. We picked up another two 3rd downs in garbage time to bring the game total to 3 for 12

7 points off 4 1st half turnovers. The average start for the 4 drives was midfield.

40% of Kyle Orton's completions were touchdowns, yet we only attempted 17 passes.

We averaged 2 yards a carry and ran it 29 times.

That's systemic wussery, and it'll hurt his team in the long run.

and a 43-24 victory

Why? They won!

yes we won...but in all honesty, against a competent qb or D we get demolished. It's great that we won bu I don't want them to sit back and say, "hey man, we hung 40+ on the Jets, we're good", because it was a disgusting (yet very fun) win. We should've hung 50+ on them! Run-Run-Pass was ridiculous. We couldn't convert a 3rd down to save our lives, and if we do that against even KC in 2 weeks, we're toast.

Glad to see us at 5-3 going into the bye. We're in all honesty 1 Uncle Rico start away from 6-2 (Houston game).

yes we won...but in all honesty, against a competent qb or D we get demolished. It's great that we won bu I don't want them to sit back and say, "hey man, we hung 40+ on the Jets, we're good", because it was a disgusting (yet very fun) win. We should've hung 50+ on them! Run-Run-Pass was ridiculous. We couldn't convert a 3rd down to save our lives, and if we do that against even KC in 2 weeks, we're toast.

Glad to see us at 5-3 going into the bye. We're in all honesty 1 Uncle Rico start away from 6-2 (Houston game).

:P I agree. I'm assuming you're not up to date on the last few pages of this thread.

Sports fans are never happy. Given the Bills have been terrible for the past 15 years, I'll take winning ugly over losing ugly.

I also think the play calling left a lot to be desired, but I think game situation and personnel dictated conservative play calling in the second half yesterday.

The month of November is pretty much must win for the bills to set up the right tiebreakers.

Cleveland, Miami, and KC are all playing well. That stinks. It's possible the Bills go 1-3 and only lose by a few points in each.

I loved the game last night. SO much passion. Guys wanted to kill each other, but they were having fun and still respectful about it, minus the Suggs cheap shot trying to take out Blount's femur. That's what hockey used to be like for me 10+ years ago. Because of the Sabres, I look at hockey much like baseball now.