Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Again? Take away his 47 and 22 yard runs this year and he's averaging 2.2 yards per carry on 35 carries. He's been more useless than EJ.

I'm sorry, i watched the game and not the box score.

Spiller looked quick and solid today. The offense was a mess due to EJ and if the offense had any sort of rhythm spiller would have gotten more stats. He had 84 yards on 18 touches on a piss poor offense today as it was

I'm sorry, i watched the game and not the box score.

Spiller looked quick and solid today. The offense was a mess due to EJ and if the offense had any sort of rhythm spiller would have gotten more stats. He had 84 yards on 18 touches on a piss poor offense today as it was

Don't be sorry. I watched the game, I look for results. The numbers only prove what I witnessed, and they speak for themselves. Jackson doesn't seem to have a problem getting yardage and he's only got one 20+ yard run to pad his numbers. He had 60 yards on 15 carries. Take away the 22 yarder and he averaged 2.7 yards per carry. That is unacceptable.

For the record, Freddie had 85 yards on 13 touches, and he's not even supposed to be the #1 RB.

Don't be sorry. I watched the game, I look for results. The numbers only prove what I witnessed, and they speak for themselves. Jackson doesn't seem to have a problem getting yardage and he's only got one 20+ yard run to pad his numbers. He had 60 yards on 15 carries. Take away the 22 yarder and he averaged 2.7 yards per carry. That is unacceptable.

For the record, Freddie had 85 yards on 13 touches, and he's not even supposed to be the #1 RB.

I watched the game, I thought spiller looked good today and he had a highlight reel run. If you only care about stats, he had 84 yards on 18 touches. So he passed the eye test and had the results you want. Spiller and jackson were the only two players on offense I can't complain about today.

But you can have your opinion that spiller was "useless" and "unacceptable" today (only on the internet will you find such goofy exaggerated opinions....) so cool! Im not in the argue everything on the internet phase or mood right now.

EDIT: And whats up with only caring about stats and then taking away stats to support your opinion? It wasn't padding his stats, it was an important run at the time

Edited by Numark

I watched the game, I thought spiller looked good today and he had a highlight reel run. If you only care about stats, he had 84 yards on 18 touches. So he passed the eye test and had the results you want. Spiller and jackson were the only two players on offense I can't complain about today.

But you can have your opinion that spiller was "useless" and "unacceptable" today (only on the internet will you find such goofy exaggerated opinions....) so cool! Im not in the argue everything on the internet phase or mood right now.

EDIT: And whats up with only caring about stats and then taking away stats to support your opinion? It wasn't padding his stats, it was an important run at the time

Only person arguing here is you. But based on your childish remarks, thank you for making me realize I'm wasting my time. Have a great evening.

Only person arguing here is you. But based on your childish remarks, thank you for making me realize I'm wasting my time. Have a great evening.

Yup, I say a player looked good today and you come in to let me know my opinion was wrong ("again?") and he is "useless" That's not arguing or childish. But don't waste your time

Edited by Numark

We all basically agree that Manuel either sucks or needs more time..... But seriously, what is going on with our coaching staff, this was a bad game, but also a very boring game to watch as well, like Ron rolston football. We pass when the run is going good and we run terrible plays where we need to hit a quick slant or something.... Nothing has changed from the last regime except spiller isn't being used properly... The D looks OK against bad teams, but the secondary gets rocked against a good QB. I wonder how the players are feeling right now, there are questions about effort/awareness already and losing faith in the offense/QB. This season could get ugly quick if things don't turn around soon.

1) I'm with Ink: EJ's big problem, by far, is his accuracy. Good QBs miss open receivers with some regularity (particularly under pressure, or a defensive breakdown happens unexpectedly and they've already moved on to another read) but they make up for it over the long haul because even the "wrong" reads work out based on accurate throws. EJ's accuracy just doesn't allow this to happen because it's so inconsistent (or in today's case, it was consistent...consistently bad).

2) Fred Jackson is better than CJ Spiller in *this* offense. His ability to be patient with his blockers and make the right reads 99% of the time allow him to consistently be productive. Spiller just doesn't read his blocks or the defense through traffic nearly as well, which is why he seems so hit or miss--I really don't think it's his tendency to want to bounce outside that's the problem, it's that he legitimately doesn't see the right cuts to make. As has been said ad nauseum here and elsewhere, Spiller needs to get the ball in space where he can focus on making defenders miss and using his athleticism rather than needing to read a slow-developing play. Gailey, for all of his faults, knew how to do this...Hackett does not.

3) I said it a million times during the game, but I have no clue how you go into this game and end up blocking Watt 1-on-1 as frequently as it happened. I understand using quick hits and 3 step drops to get rid of the ball before he can get to the QB, but they often times did this AT him, which is mind-boggling (this is 50% of the reason for the pick-6...the other 50%, of course, is EJ's blindness). This type of gameplan should be executed *away* from said dominant player.

4) Losing Williams and Bradham sucks. The defense is what I was hanging my hat on to make this team mediocre enough to not rue the Watkins trade, but that isn't happening sans those two (not to mention the offseason losses of Alonso and Byrd). Watching Preston Brown in coverage is as painful as watching McBain play defense.

Watkins definitely is. A few drops doesn't change that.

Where are the big plays? I'll take the drops if he's hauling in 40 yard touchdowns. He's looked severely average.

1) I'm with Ink: EJ's big problem, by far, is his accuracy. Good QBs miss open receivers with some regularity (particularly under pressure, or a defensive breakdown happens unexpectedly and they've already moved on to another read) but they make up for it over the long haul because even the "wrong" reads work out based on accurate throws. EJ's accuracy just doesn't allow this to happen because it's so inconsistent (or in today's case, it was consistent...consistently bad).

2) Fred Jackson is better than CJ Spiller in *this* offense. His ability to be patient with his blockers and make the right reads 99% of the time allow him to consistently be productive. Spiller just doesn't read his blocks or the defense through traffic nearly as well, which is why he seems so hit or miss--I really don't think it's his tendency to want to bounce outside that's the problem, it's that he legitimately doesn't see the right cuts to make. As has been said ad nauseum here and elsewhere, Spiller needs to get the ball in space where he can focus on making defenders miss and using his athleticism rather than needing to read a slow-developing play. Gailey, for all of his faults, knew how to do this...Hackett does not.

3) I said it a million times during the game, but I have no clue how you go into this game and end up blocking Watt 1-on-1 as frequently as it happened. I understand using quick hits and 3 step drops to get rid of the ball before he can get to the QB, but they often times did this AT him, which is mind-boggling (this is 50% of the reason for the pick-6...the other 50%, of course, is EJ's blindness). This type of gameplan should be executed *away* from said dominant player.

4) Losing Williams and Bradham sucks. The defense is what I was hanging my hat on to make this team mediocre enough to not rue the Watkins trade, but that isn't happening sans those two (not to mention the offseason losses of Alonso and Byrd). Watching Preston Brown in coverage is as painful as watching McBain play defense.

<hug>

Where are the big plays? I'll take the drops if he's hauling in 40 yard touchdowns. He's looked severely average.

He's had Manuel miss him on a couple huge plays. Was dynamic in week 2. It's been four games. I like what ive seen. If manuel would hit him when he's open then he'd be near the top in receiving yards.

1) I'm done waiting for Manuel/making excuses for him. I was all for giving him more time/more games, but my patience is just about gone. I can't stand seeing receivers running wide open, and him check it down or throw 5 yards behind said receiver. He's as bad as post-concussion Edwards at this point

2) Watt is a beast, but it almost seemed as if he was roid raging the entire game. I wouldn't mind him playing for the Bills, and I'm glad we aren't in his division playing him twice a year.

3) Hackett is a slug, and doesn't understand the pro game. He's averaging a ridiculous amount of yards per rush, and he all but abandons the run game, against the one of the worst run defenses in the league! why?!

4) how was that not DPI on the last throw or at least illegal contact? I'm not saying that play lost us the game/the refs were to blame for the game, I just want an answer for consistency purposes.

5) Woods has seemed to give up on Manuel

6) Our O-line needs to step up.

1) I'm done waiting for Manuel/making excuses for him. I was all for giving him more time/more games, but my patience is just about gone. I can't stand seeing receivers running wide open, and him check it down or throw 5 yards behind said receiver. He's as bad as post-concussion Edwards at this point

2) Watt is a beast, but it almost seemed as if he was roid raging the entire game. I wouldn't mind him playing for the Bills, and I'm glad we aren't in his division playing him twice a year.

3) Hackett is a slug, and doesn't understand the pro game. He's averaging a ridiculous amount of yards per rush, and he all but abandons the run game, against the one of the worst run defenses in the league! why?!

4) how was that not DPI on the last throw or at least illegal contact? I'm not saying that play lost us the game/the refs were to blame for the game, I just want an answer for consistency purposes.

5) Woods has seemed to give up on Manuel

6) Our O-line needs to step up.

This continues to be my biggest gripe with the Bills. We should be running the ball all day long even if it isn't working and it shouldn't matter who the opponent is. Just run the damn ball.

Another glaring issue with the Bills is they absolutely cannot block in space. It is killing us. So many times yesterday, as well as the first three weeks, we have seen the runner out wide with a blocker in front of him and only one guy to beat,… and the blocker misses the guy,… badly,… and the play is over. I think it was Spiller yesterday that caught a screen, didn't have a single Texan within 15 yards of him and three blockers in front of him. He missed getting the first down by one yard. It's really bad.

I'm not interested in handing the Browns a top 5 or top 10 pick. Any way you slice it, the offense looks putrid with Manuel under center. I'm not a fan of Hackett by any stretch but it seems like we should put Orton in to see if the problem lies solely with EJ or if we need to replace Hackett as well. Our defense and special teams is performing good enough for this team to be in the hunt for a wild card late in the season. Manuel was a project QB when he was drafted and it may be best to let him learn on the bench. If Orton plays well we keep him playing and begin the hunt for a new replacement. If he flops or is mediocre we find a new veteran, replace Hackett, and let Manuel compete to start next season.

Our offense is bad. Really bad. It doesn't look anything like a real NFL offense. EJ and Hackett both need to get way better. I at least think it's possible for EJ to improve, while I haven't seen anything suggesting Hackett will.

CJ played an OK game. Like Blue said, he misses the right read sometimes, but he's so fast that it doesn't matter some plays. Freddy was a beast, and I'm sorry I said you looked old week 1.

Our defense played solid, but couldn't get off the field when it mattered. Second week in a row that we let the other team convert huge 3rd and longs. They also got worn down over the day, so also kind of the offense's fault.

The refs didn't call offensive holding at all. Both teams were doing it a shitload and the refs didn't bat an eye. JJ Watt actually complained about it, but he seemed to be the only one. Reffing is more inconsistent game-to-game in the NFL than any other league. It's infuriating.

I doubt this team gets a WC. Denver/SD has 1 locked up, and it'll be difficult to finish ahead of all the following: Pittsburgh, Ravens, Texans, and Chefs.

Winning the division could be more realistic - especially w/ a KC win tonight.

IF they end up beating Detroit (very tall order, but possible) they'd be 3-2 and 3-1 vs common division opponents. Go on another 2 game W streak and they're in the driver's seat at 4-2.

Well, I had them going 3-1 during the first quarter.

Looking at the next quarter, I see 1-3.

Hopefully I'll be incorrect and it will be another 2-2.

I had them at 2-2 now, and 3-1 next quarter for 5-3 heading into the bye (I said they needed to beat one of Houston/Detroit so that leaves a tall task next week, and I flipped the Chicago/SD games in terms of W/L, and had us beating the Dolphins the whole time). I think beating the Jets, and Vikings will be easier tasks than previously thought (although with the offense performing the way it has, I honestly don't know). So long as we beat one of Detroit/NE, my prediction stays at 9-7 ± 1 win.

Ray Lewis on a board discussing domestic violence? :doh:

I believe that the panel is comprised entirely of men, also. ESPN really needs to think some things through.

PS: Why not Hope Solo, as long as we're including Ray Lewis?

Edited by Eleven