Hodgson signs a six-year deal

spndnchz

Actually the Roy deal was fine.

Let's hope the player turns out better.

And, for the record I am happy we've got him for six years.

Contract should look cheap at the end of the deal.

Smart, motivated player with some skill and high expectations for himself.

He's already an OK second liner and the best is yet to come.

Schopp @ BDog were besides themselves over the length of te contract.

Of course they are. Matt Coller wrote an article saying we should trade him , and the pack mentality was set from that point.

I like the length, although I am a little surprised he got almost a mil more than Henrique.

Edit: OK so he barely got more than Henrique, not a million more. Love the deal now.

Of course they are. Matt Coller wrote an article saying we should trade him , and the pack mentality was set from that point.

I like the length, although I am a little surprised he got almost a mil more than Henrique.

Edit: OK so he barely got more than Henrique, not a million more. Love the deal now.

Coller's article did not say the should trade him.

Coller's article did not say the should trade him.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/17263968.php?contentType=4&contentId=13766359

All things considered, moving Hodgson while he has a great deal of value and would garner a solid return seems like the best option. The Sabres have so many young players and so much cap room that his production could be replaced via the system or free agency in an eye blink.

But a bridge deal shouldn't be out of the question.

He might not have literally said "trade him no matter what"...but when reading the whole article, and seeing that in the conclusion to the article (and following Coller on twitter), it's pretty obvious he thinks a trade is the right route.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/17263968.php?contentType=4&contentId=13766359

He might not have literally said "trade him no matter what"...but when reading the whole article, and seeing that in the conclusion to the article (and following Coller on twitter), it's pretty obvious he thinks a trade is the right route.

He settled on "bridge" deal but I admit he is clearly not a fan. Sorry for the original "terse" response but I am kind if sensitive to mis-quoting or taking out of context.

Archived