The "I sometimes break a sweat" thread

darksabre

24 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Cyclocross is freaking hard. Not my video, but somewhere in it you'll see me get lapped.

EDIT: ~26:05, I'm in orange and navy kit.

Nice job. A few familiar names on the start list.  Face plant at around 2:30 minics my CX experience lol, I stick to the road.  

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Nice job. A few familiar names on the start list.  Face plant at around 2:30 minics my CX experience lol, I stick to the road.  

The guy that won was apparently a pro for awhile, but I'm not sure what level.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2024 at 3:45 PM, Doohicksie said:

Rode my age today. I'm 61 and rode 62.1 miles. Woof, I'm tired! So far today I've consumed: A cappuccino, a spinach & cheese croissant, and two beers. I'm bushed!

Out to the edge of town:
yVRGjj5eGQ03zUIVV4Lceb4xng6bZqL0zYqu55LW

Breakfast at mile 18:
jA8hsvuvhHA-fScJKVF_hsC-72EcfzP9PwXBeMVP

Liquid lunch at mile 52:
Jf-MWnI4Nn1162ReBRnZuGx4749YZfDqb-MRG4cd

Downtown:
sgjP4V7h_gkzw2tt32Vc8ZZQMk6eviMYzhKCXt58

Oops I did it again.  I turned 62 this week so after our normal club breakfast ride I.... just kept riding.  Ended up with exactly 62 miles (although Strava frizzed out for a bit; I guess I accidentally paused it or something, so it was actually a little more).  Strava ended up at 62.2 miles.

8UgLNWN4mK9Q-zpWvFAC1rZ-hY0X8TAqTgvK97Oo

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Doohicksie said:

Last night I rode over to watch the game at the Bills Backer bar.  7 miles, giving me 100 bicycle miles over the last three days.

wUj8g3qp0PmD_MnTY-Z_ftS642LpoZqZ1i6OiXsv

Fantastic physical feats! You are this room's iron man. If you get in a quarrel with your usual combatants just challenge the rogues to a road race. You will leave them in the dust! You are the Aud Room's Lance Armstrong (without the steroids--just expresso coffee).

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/12/2024 at 5:56 PM, Doohicksie said:

Oops I did it again.  I turned 62 this week so after our normal club breakfast ride I.... just kept riding.  Ended up with exactly 62 miles (although Strava frizzed out for a bit; I guess I accidentally paused it or something, so it was actually a little more).  Strava ended up at 62.2 miles.

8UgLNWN4mK9Q-zpWvFAC1rZ-hY0X8TAqTgvK97Oo

Nice. The cool kids in the peloton call that a "metric". 100km!

• Like (+1) 1