Gerbe on Buyout Waivers

That Aud Smell

He is going to prove a team up north wrong? Paging Nikita Zadorov, Nikita Zadorov to the nearest white courtesy phone, thank you.

You don't need Nikita to knock Gerbe down. I think Stafford is the only forward on the team soft enough to get knocked around by Gerbe.

That said, you're trashing Gerbe alot. I wish him the best and I hope he does prove us wrong for letting him go.

You don't need Nikita to knock Gerbe down. I think Stafford is the only forward on the team soft enough to get knocked around by Gerbe.

That said, you're trashing Gerbe alot. I wish him the best and I hope he does prove us wrong for letting him go.

I wish him well too, but I hope he doesn't prove the Sabres wrong as a member of the Canes.

Ya know, Stafford did fight Hartnell when everybody's love Marcus Foligno conveniently ignored the cheap shot.

On that note, apparently defending Stafford will be my thing this year :lol:

Ya know, Stafford did fight Hartnell when everybody's love Marcus Foligno conveniently ignored the cheap shot.

On that note, apparently defending Stafford will be my thing this year :lol:

Then, right after the game, he said he didn't like doing it and that people shouldn't expect him to do things like that all the time. It was his last fight of the year and pretty much the last time he was useful for us. He immediately went back to being his usual sucky self.

Drew Stafford isn't that interested in hockey and he sure as hell isn't interested in doing what it takes to be an impact player in the NHL. He literally tells us this. But Sabres management still thinks he's their type of guy for some reason.

Haha, can't wait! I'm not exactly a fan of Stafford's overall game, I just think the hate has gone too far. In spite of all of his shortcomings, he's a legit top-6 forward on a team that doesn't have enough of them.

He'a a "top six" forward on a a team that doesn't six top forwards. On a better team he's a third liner at best.

Then, right after the game, he said he didn't like doing it and that people shouldn't expect him to do things like that all the time. It was his last fight of the year and pretty much the last time he was useful for us. He immediately went back to being his usual sucky self.

Drew Stafford isn't that interested in hockey and he sure as hell isn't interested in doing what it takes to be an impact player in the NHL. He literally tells us this. But Sabres management still thinks he's their type of guy for some reason.

Literally?

Literally?

He did not literally say the words "I am not interested..." but he did literally seek out the media after his best game in two seasons to let them know that he didn't like doing what he did and that no one should expect it to be a regular thing. This is, amazingly, what he wants everyone to know about him as an NHL hockey player. And, true to his word, it was not a regular thing and he went back to being the same flat tire he's been most of his career.

What kind of competitor is eager to tell the media he's not up to doing everything he can to help his team win every single game?

He's the last of Darcy's "projects".

It started with Tim Connolly, then extended into the the dreaded "core" years.

Essentially, when Darcy has a "project", he's hellbent on sticking with it, no matter the cost or no matter how it hurts the team.

Now, I don't think he does this because he's a bad person, I just think he's overly stubborn, and not very good at identifying when players don't have what it takes to compete every night, at the top level.

He genuinely feels he can turn these players around, because obviously, they're talented - Surely, the rest can be taught!

At least that's how it seems from the outside, looking in.

Archived