The other sports thread

Eleven

Conor McGregor and Holly Holm got choked out last night. While I, mostly, don't care about Holm, Notorious losing was nearly a night ruiner.

I said "I can't believe Conor lost" to myself while in the bathroom at a Buffalo bar last night and some dude at the trough just turned, while still pissing (EVERYWHERE), and goes "holy ###### are you serious?" Luckily I was not pissed on.

I don't know anything about the UFC and I kinda think I hate it, but we did an interview with the two of them this week and I can honestly say that I would be shocked if Diaz could count to five. I'm serious.

I don't know anything about the UFC and I kinda think I hate it, but we did an interview with the two of them this week and I can honestly say that I would be shocked if Diaz could count to five. I'm serious.

I'm serious in saying that I also doubt it. He is in my top five dumbest athletes.

I also hate the gloating going on social media about how the "cocky" Conor McGregor got what he deserved by losing when Nate is just as bad. Conor has at least backed up all of his talk. He lost this fight, but it should be noted this was well above his normal weight class. He wanted to try and get two belts. He'll go back to his weight class and dominate now.

Meanwhile Nate, who is terribly inconsistent, will lose to the actual champ in Rafael Dos Anjos (the belt he has is the interim belt because RDA got hurt in training for the fight against Conor).

Conor McGregor and Holly Holm got choked out last night. While I, mostly, don't care about Holm, Notorious losing was nearly a night ruiner.

I said "I can't believe Conor lost" to myself while in the bathroom at a Buffalo bar last night and some dude at the trough just turned, while still pissing (EVERYWHERE), and goes "holy ###### are you serious?" Luckily I was not pissed on.

Remember... It's always better to be pissed off than pissed on.

Unless your into to that sorta thing. :ph34r:

Buffalo Beauts make it to the Finals on an upset. Coincidentally, they will play the favorites, the Boston Pride. Series starts March 11th.

http://thehockeywriters.com/buffalo-beauts-boston-pride-isobel-cup/

Love that they made the finals. Easily the worst team all season. They managed some strong play down the stretch. I'd love to see them win the inaugural season in an upset. It would be so un-Buffalo.

Love that they made the finals. Easily the worst team all season. They managed some strong play down the stretch. I'd love to see them win the inaugural season in an upset. It would be so un-Buffalo.

They had a rough start, but started to pull it together after some time.  I think NY was worse.

So how about the stupid kid who almost got his face blown off by a bat at spring training game because he had his face buried in a dumb phone?

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/03/07/469478654/phew-fan-saves-boy-from-being-hit-by-a-flying-baseball-bat

Man that kid would have been knocked the out. It doesn't appear that's his dad. I hope mom finds that guy and gives him a proper reward. :devil:

So how about the stupid kid who almost got his face blown off by a bat at spring training game because he had his face buried in a dumb phone?

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/03/07/469478654/phew-fan-saves-boy-from-being-hit-by-a-flying-baseball-bat

Turns out it was his first ball game, had just taken a picture of one of the players and was sending it to his Mom.

Man that kid would have been knocked the ###### out. It doesn't appear that's his dad. I hope mom finds that guy and gives him a proper reward. :devil:

It was his Dad.

Turns out it was his first ball game, had just taken a picture of one of the players and was sending it to his Mom.

Just...ugh. Come on kid. Send the picture when there's no one at bat. 

Props to dad for being on his toes. He clearly knew there was some danger in sitting that close to the action and recognized his kid was distracted. 

Didn't you go to UB?

'Cuse, then UB, then Morrisville. I was a well traveled college student.

And I'm from central NY. Syracuse is the only college team that matters in NY.

Edited by ubkev

'Cuse, then UB, then Morrisville. I was a well traveled college student.

And I'm from central NY. Syracuse is the only college team that matters in NY.

Some people downstate might disagree with that last sentence.

I couldn't care less about 'Cuse (either way) but for you, I wish they had won today.

Some people downstate might disagree with that last sentence.

I couldn't care less about 'Cuse (either way) but for you, I wish they had won today.

I appreciate it, thanks!

I can't stay mad for too long. It's 70F today and I spent about 2 hours shagging fly balls, playing catch and hitting batting practice. Pretty good use of one's afternoon.