The other sports thread

Eleven

So far, so good for Price's first start as a Jay.

2 Ks and a ground ball out in the first inning this afternoon.

It's a holiday up here in Canada, so the Jays are playing this PM ... I will keep you all, well TbB, updated.

Thanks bud! :thumbsup:

I'm obviously at work, but the MLB Network here in the states was broadcasting the 1pm game today. For being so close we don't get to see many Jays games in WNY

Thanks bud! :thumbsup:

I'm obviously at work, but the MLB Network here in the states was broadcasting the 1pm game today. For being so close we don't get to see many Jays games in WNY

They still are. ;)

1-1, top of the 3rd. Both runs were solo shots.

Damn,

As I'm posting about our stupid election up here I missed the Jays adding another 2 runs.

5 - 1 heading to the eighth.

I'm more happy about 8 innings 11 K's from Price in his debut. It's amazing how easy it is to win a baseball game when your starter gives up 1 run and goes deep into the game.

:)

I'm more happy about 8 innings 11 K's from Price in his debut. It's amazing how easy it is to win a baseball game when your starter gives up 1 run and goes deep into the game.

:)

Price has been outstanding.  Too bad he can't start every day.

5 batters over the minimum for 8 innings work.

3 hits and 2 walks.

11 strikeouts and 11 outs by fly / ground balls.

119 pitches ... 80 strikes.

Incredible performance.

I just notice, not to throw a turd into the punch bowl, but the Twins played 2 fewer games and, therefore, hold the tie-breaker.

Is this correct? The Twins would have to win those two games, right now the Jays have the higher winning percentage. 

Can I please just point out how much better this way of determining the standings is than the NHL's ridiculous point system. You don't need anything other than wins and loses. None of this, the Jays may have more wins but the Twins lost more games in extra-innings so with the loser points the Twins are in the playoffs.  

Is this correct? The Twins would have to win those two games, right now the Jays have the higher winning percentage. 

Can I please just point out how much better this way of determining the standings is than the NHL's ridiculous point system. You don't need anything other than wins and loses. None of this, the Jays may have more wins but the Twins lost more games in extra-innings so with the loser points the Twins are in the playoffs.  

The post you quoted was prior to yesterday's games.

Now the Jays are in the second wildcard spot alone, since they beat the Twins last night ant those dastardly birds from Baltimore (Hi, Whiskey Bottle ...  :angel: ) lost in Oakland.

I agree, MLB does a better job of tracking which team is where in the standings.

The post you quoted was prior to yesterday's games.

Now the Jays are in the second wildcard spot alone, since they beat the Twins last night ant those dastardly birds from Baltimore (Hi, Whiskey Bottle ...  :angel: ) lost in Oakland.

I agree, MLB does a better job of tracking which team is where in the standings.

The Orioles will be in control of the wildcard and within 2 games of the division by August 16th.

:flirt:

Cool.

We shall see.

I'm not a huge Jays, or baseball, fan, but it is nice that the Jays are still in it and should remain in the hunt right to the end.  It has been a long time.

I think our misinformed Whiskey friend was speaking to the upcoming Jays - O's series. He does not understand the elite winning machine that the Jays have become.

EDIT: It seems I am misinformed as I was thinking of the home and home series with the Yankees coming up. Either way, the Orioles are stinky birds that will be chasing the Jays for the rest of the year. 

Edited by Touched by Boyes