The other sports thread

Eleven

This game just really made me wish Notre Dame could have convinced Urban at some point. Never thought OSU would get to this point with their 3rd string QB.

I've got a friend with a theory on Urban. He thinks he's gonna bounce from the Big 10 asap now that Harbaugh is there, in favor of another conference without any coaches.

Cardale Jones stock is soaring with wins against Bama and Oregon, Pretty incredible story. Strong arm, fast, good decision making (for the plays I saw) and poised.

Enough to overcome his infamous tweet?

"Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL," Jones wrote. "We ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS." 

Maybe. I'd hate to throw away a draft pick on a kid who has played so little. Plus his giant head scares me.

Edited by inkman

FWIW he's project 3rd round by ESPN as of now. His stock will probably ris after the combine because he's a physical monster, but I'd bet he goes into Vick mode at the wonderlic and team interviews. I wouldn't mind drafting him, but he's definitely a long term project. Looked like a young Big Ben in the title game.

I wouldn't draft Jones. The National Championship wasn't won because of him but because Ohio State ran the ball extremely well and because Urban Myers defense shut the ducks down. Physical monster sure but he has played what? 3 games.

I agree. What are we, the NBA? Drafting a guy early despite playing just three college games? I'll take a flyer late (5th at the earliest) but otherwise he's somebody else's project.

Ok, it's not a sport, but has anyone been following NASCAR driver Kurt Busch's situation? The latest: He claims is ex-girlfriend is an assassin. http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/12161197/kurt-busch-says-ex-girlfriend-patricia-driscoll-was-trained-assassin

At least one person in this equation is a little mentally shaky.

Q: What's the difference between the iPhone and a Seahawks fan?

A: The iPhone existed before 2010.

Awesome.

The whole 12th man thing has gotten super annoying. They act as if they invented rooting for your team.

Yup. The stadium was engineered to maximize crowd noise, but that's not an interesting storyline, so let's just pretend their "fans" are superior instead.

Absolutely. Seattle might advance with the worst QB performance I've ever seen for a winning team in a conference title game.

The Pack deserve to win this game no question

I missed it, but does anyone know why Clay Matthews didn't play the last two series?