The other sports thread

Eleven

This Oregon team is crazy. 4th and 5 from the 22, they go for it eschewing the gimme 3 points. They didn't make it.

Will that play be meaningful later in the game?

Edited by wjag

Of the four teams they're the one I dislike the second least. Oregon just happens to be first. Go Ducks.

They're both ###### schools that might as well pay their athletes.

Give me ND-Stanford any day; I'd rather watch that.

Ducks uniforms are hideous.

Say what?

They're both ###### schools that might as well pay their athletes.

Give me ND-Stanford any day; I'd rather watch that.

Because there's certainly no paying of "student"-athletes going on at those schools. There's a universal envelope being slipped under every major college sport player's door. It happens everywhere. The ones that get greedy or stupid are the only ones we hear about.

Higher academic standards have little to do with the major men's sports at these schools. Most of these players are still being handed a fluff class schedule to get them through so they can stay on the field.

Count me unimpressed with Mariota: he has terrible accuracy. I can't see him playing well in the NFL

"Terrible accuracy" because of a few imperfect throws early. Accuracy isn't a big issue with him.

For the record, Winston is a better on-the-field prospect than Mariota... Or Griffin... Or any QB since Luck.

Edited by Tank

I always watch bowl games but don't follow college ball at all. Is there a reason why so many people hate Ohio St.? I hear that a lot.

For me, it's because they've been responsible for some positively awful Bowl games. Not really their fault the polls/computers kept putting them that high, but still. Perhaps more important, one of my friends is intolerable when it comes to his homerdom with them, so I root against them to rub it in his face when they lose

That said, I want them to beat Alabama. Because F Nick Saban.

For me, it's because they've been responsible for some positively awful Bowl games. Not really their fault the polls/computers kept putting them that high, but still. Perhaps more important, one of my friends is intolerable when it comes to his homerdom with them, so I root against them to rub it in his face when they lose

That said, I want them to beat Alabama. Because F Nick Saban.

I don't know why, but I just don't like him.

I don't know why, but I just don't like him.

He might be the most arrogant person in all of sports.

I'm honestly just glad the SEC isn't winning it this year. Yes, it's the best conference, but commentators and fans really go overboard with the ball washing.

Edited by TrueBluePhD