The other sports thread

Eleven

They need to back the fences up another 30 feet. The new bat technology combined with how hard these kids throw is making every fly ball a home run.

Christ, I just argued against offense. This is coming from a guy that wants big leaguers 'roided up again. I'm a walking contradiction.

The Jays have the Rangers right where they want them already ...

Rangers lead 1 - 0 in the 2nd inning.

Well now that that series is done.... Go Blue Jays!  :P  (I *hate* the Yankees.)

The Rangers are consolidating their lead on the WC spot, and have closed to 3 games for the division lead, with lots games still to play against Houston.  Their starting rotation has a shot in the arm with the acquisition of Cole Hamels and the return from injury by Derek Holland (who pitched a complete-game, 3 hit shutout yesterday).  Once they get Roughned Odor back, they should be able to power through the rest of the season. 

If the Rangers take the division, think Jeff Banister has a shot at manager of the year.

All baseball players are someone else's kid. Hockey players, too.

I don't root for hockey players until they can legally buy a pack of smokes.

I'm looking forward to cheering my own kids someday. I'm not looking forward to the other parents and their kids one bit.

John Tavares is retiring tomorrow, and that makes me sad. If lacrosse was a major sport, he'd be celebrated as the greatest athlete to ever play in Buffalo.

I'm glad to know that he will be in the Buffalo sports HOF, and he will be in his sport's HOF if they can afford to build one.

He is far from the greatest athlete to play in Buffalo.

Hasek.

Thorpe.

Simpson.

McAdoo.

Perrealult.

Where is he on that list?  Sorry, man.

I'm glad to know that he will be in the Buffalo sports HOF, and he will be in his sport's HOF if they can afford to build one.

He is far from the greatest athlete to play in Buffalo.

Hasek.

Thorpe.

Simpson.

McAdoo.

Perrealult.

Where is he on that list?  Sorry, man.

Tavares is the greatest player in the history of his sport. None of those guys can say the same, and most aren't even close.

"your"

Heheheh. That's adorable.

Back to the topic... when's the last time you saw someone do a straight steal of home base in an MLB game?

I know that the formal designation is "home base" but it just hits the ear (or eyes in this case) wrong, for me. Anyone else?

Edit: oh, and that steal was sick!

Edited by ubkev