The other sports thread

Eleven

24 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Crazy that of the 8 semi-finalist, three of them (if not more to my knowledge) come from billionaire families. I know tennis has long been a monied sport, but I hope everyone is ready to see more and more of this. 

All the poor people are playing pickle ball.

• Haha (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

The White Sox have broken the record for most losses in the modern era of the MLB with their 121st loss today.

It is not, as many people have been saying, the worst record, however. The 1916 Philadelphia Athletics were 36-117 for a .235 winning percentage, which is worse than Chicago can get to even if they lose their last two games.

And shout out to the 1899 Cleveland Spiders (pre-Modern era) with their sterling 20-134 record for a .130 winning percentage that will never be touched. When Cleveland decided to drop the Indians name, I was really hoping Spiders would win.

President’s Cup golf was looking like a blowout for the USA but the International team came back yesterday and it is a decent competition now.

Montreal crowds are having fun and the weather is great.

This tournament doesn’t have the history and competitive edge of the Ryder Cup but it is good golf.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Thorner said:

Absolutely fantastic playoffs so far 

Rooting for the Tigers but really just for entertaining games. 

Nothing matches playoff ball 

Watching my resident woodchuck sh1t  in the front yard is more exciting than any baseball game every played 😂