Sabres Trade busted up Roy for Ott and Pardy

26CornerBlitz

So what we are saying here is that Pommer moves to the third line.. I don't think so. I think you put Pommer on the line with Vanek and Hodgson. Your third line is Leino, Ott and another center, that I like. The Pommer idea is interesting if, but I don't like unless they find another center. If one of the rookies can give some good minutes then maybe this works long run.

P.S. How do I turn off auto correct?

The Sabres don't really have superstars so the third line will pretty much get the same ice time as the first line and the second line. Ott would balance out the Vanek and Hodgson line nicely -- hopefully the way Foligno made Ennis and (especially) Stafford so much better.

I had to mute the feed. That was honestly some of the worst announcing ever. I mean wow just wow... Someone que of the the Boston broadcast of the Lucic running Miller cuz I bet they are all like "what a great clean open ice hit!" I now officially want the Sabres to lay the beat down on boston. Horrendous announcers... absolutely horrendous.

The Sabres don't really have superstars so the third line will pretty much get the same ice time as the first line and the second line. Ott would balance out the Vanek and Hodgson line nicely -- hopefully the way Foligno made Ennis and (especially) Stafford so much better.

You mean the way Ennis made Foligno...

Ennis at center made that line what it was. Foligno and Stafford benefitted from Ennis. How do i Know that? Ennis had 24points in his last 25games. Foligno was only there for a fraction of that.

I had to mute the feed. That was honestly some of the worst announcing ever. I mean wow just wow... Someone que of the the Boston broadcast of the Lucic running Miller cuz I bet they are all like "what a great clean open ice hit!" I now officially want the Sabres to lay the beat down on boston. Horrendous announcers... absolutely horrendous.

I believe their feed was a bunch of screaming for Miller to be disciplined for taking such a cheap shot at Lucic with his stick after Lucic clearly tried to stop and get out of Millers way and by no means intended to hit the goalie.................

I believe their feed was a bunch of screaming for Miller to be disciplined for taking such a cheap shot at Lucic with his stick after Lucic clearly tried to stop and get out of Millers way and by no means intended to hit the goalie.................

You know now I am starting to think 6games is not enough games for us to lay the beatdown that bunch of punks deserves... I hope Scott eats one the announers.

im thinking if we can move leino pysyk/ennis and a pick to get ryan than we could also move luke adam mcnabb and a pick to get doan. :)

I wouldn't move Ennis straight up for Ryan even if we could toss in Leino as a dump, let alone adding a pick to that. Mark my words, Tyler Ennis will be a great player in the NHL within the next 3years. I am saying it now and if I am wrong so be it but I see that kid as a 75pt a year guy.

Shane Doan is a UFA so why are we trading a top prospect a guy who showed some promise and a pick for a guy we could just sign?

IIRC that was all they were mad about.

You know now I am starting to think 6games is not enough games for us to lay the beatdown that bunch of punks deserves... I hope Scott eats one the announers.

I hope Scott throw Lucic and co. through the glass.

im thinking if we can move leino pysyk/ennis and a pick to get ryan than we could also move luke adam mcnabb and a pick to get doan. :)

Why would they move anyone for Doan? I thought he was a FA but wanted to wait til atleast the 8th to decide if he wants to stay in Phoenix or leave?

You mean the way Ennis made Foligno...

Ennis at center made that line what it was. Foligno and Stafford benefitted from Ennis. How do i Know that? Ennis had 24points in his last 25games. Foligno was only there for a fraction of that.

You understand that it's possible that they both made each other better, right? The line wouldn't have been what it was without Foligno acting like a human bulldozer. There was never a question about Ennis' skill, just how well he could use it given his size. Foligno gave him a ton of room to skate.

I wouldn't move Ennis straight up for Ryan even if we could toss in Leino as a dump, let alone adding a pick to that. Mark my words, Tyler Ennis will be a great player in the NHL within the next 3years. I am saying it now and if I am wrong so be it but I see that kid as a 75pt a year guy.

100% agree. I'd rather see Vanek go.

i can't lie: i was not a fan of the hit that ott put on yelle. at least he didn't hit him in the legs.

It looked borderline. I'm not sure if it was legal or not, but holy crap did Thornton just jump him! wow! I'm hoping he continues to agitate the B's, and Scott can just step in against Thornton or whoever else!

You understand that it's possible that they both made each other better, right? The line wouldn't have been what it was without Foligno acting like a human bulldozer. There was never a question about Ennis' skill, just how well he could use it given his size. Foligno gave him a ton of room to skate.

I think him moving off the wall to center gave him a ton of room to skate. Foligno helped but saying Foligno makes that line is incorrect. Ennis makes the line because he makes Foligno better and makes Stafford better by being the playmaker and dishing the puck.

I think his point was that Ennis was already on the pace he finished at when Foligno was put on that line. It wasn't putting Foligno on that line that turned Ennis into what he finished at. In that case, its fair to assume that Foligno didn't make Ennis into the player he became, switching him to centre did. Thats not saying though that Foligno didn't help him continue at that pace and they didn't make each other better..........

I think his point was that Ennis was already on the pace he finished at when Foligno was put on that line. It wasn't putting Foligno on that line that turned Ennis into what he finished at. In that case, its fair to assume that Foligno didn't make Ennis into the player he became, switching him to centre did. Thats not saying though that Foligno didn't help him continue at that pace and they didn't make each other better..........

exactly.

This is kind of the way I see it as well. Ennis started to transform upon the position change, but his game was even bettered once Foligno was able to further open up the ice for him to do his thing.

I think him moving off the wall to center gave him a ton of room to skate. Foligno helped but saying Foligno makes that line is incorrect. Ennis makes the line because he makes Foligno better and makes Stafford better by being the playmaker and dishing the puck.

I never said Foligno "makes that line"; I said he made his linemates "better." The same way I thought Adam make Vanek better at the start of the season as a power forward who went to the net and gave Vanek room, and the way I think Ott could do something similar. It doesn't mean one player's skills are magically making another guy play well when he normally wouldn't. It means they make each other better by playing with complimentary styles.

sorry if someone already posted this, but I love this take on the Ott-Roy trade from Garth:

"The Roy for Ott deal is being met by overwhelming support. Ott will act as a human belt sander and will annihilate all punks that dare get in his way. Dallas gets smaller by adding Roy and Whitney.

Advantage: Sabres."

linkage:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTH/Sabres-Move-The-Kids/6/45398

sorry if someone already posted this, but I love this take on the Ott-Roy trade from Garth:

"The Roy for Ott deal is being met by overwhelming support. Ott will act as a human belt sander and will annihilate all punks that dare get in his way. Dallas gets smaller by adding Roy and Whitney.

Advantage: Sabres."

linkage:

http://www.hockeybuz...he-Kids/6/45398

Dallas needed the offense though, I think it's fair for both teams.

Archived