GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo (3/30/2012, 7:30pm)

deluca67

They're even in ROW, but assuming the Sabres catch them in points they'd almost have to win on the tiebreaker at that point. So...favorably!

If the Caps beat the Panthers, you are talking about making up two points in three games. The Panthers play the Red Wings on Sunday and I believe Jimmy Howard is back. There is your two points.

It was the Sabres of old for one night:

1) Roy and Stafford missed chances all night long

2) Miller had a brutal night

3) Stupid penalties in the offensive zone

Result will always be a loss for this team. 4 point swing between Caps last night and a loss tonight. 4 points against the leafs or the season is over.....

Because he is Lindy's son. And if I heard correctly - sounded like Lindy was calling out Vanek for not scoring a second goal tonight?

Mike Harrington@BNHarrington

Lindy says Weber out for tomorrow's game in Toronto. Brayden McNabb, have your cell phone turned on.

Yes you heard correctly. He said Vanek and Staff failed to capitalize on good chances. He failed to mention that Leino blew the best chance of the night that may have changed the whole game at that point or the fact that Sekera missed the net on a point blank shot. How can he call out two of the best players as of late but let the guys that continuously blow chances, turn the puck over night in and night out or take stupid penalties off the hook?

Yes you heard correctly. He said Vanek and Staff failed to capitalize on good chances. He failed to mention that Leino blew the best chance of the night that may have changed the whole game at that point or the fact that Sekera missed the net on a point blank shot. How can he call out two of the best players as of late but let the guys that continuously blow chances off the hook?

And it was also OK that Roy blew his chances since he had a migraine. :rolleyes:

I hate when the Sabres lose.

By the way, Am I the only person that thinks the pulling of Miller at the end fuking sucked. Get a clue and pull him with a minute and a half of 2 man. I was screaming bloody murder in the stands. Bad BAD coaching in the end as far as I'm concerned. They were buzzing a more of a 2 man would have locked it up - guarantee it

Pissed. i already paid $60 to have it done at a local place.

I t would be funny if $60.00 wasn't 4 weeks of drinking money for a college student.

I can't believe a GDT thread hasn't been started yet.

Washington put the pressure back on the Sabres last night. Time for the Sabres to respond.

You're a MF jinx.

I hate Crosby with such a fiery passion. But man, Miller is really his bitch.

QF MF T

Washington played a third string goalie.

Doesn't matter to me. And I recall that they removed him after the third goal so we scored two more on their other goalie.

Nobody gave us a break for our injuries and issues. I don't give a damn about others.

Yes you heard correctly. He said Vanek and Staff failed to capitalize on good chances. He failed to mention that Leino blew the best chance of the night that may have changed the whole game at that point or the fact that Sekera missed the net on a point blank shot. How can he call out two of the best players as of late but let the guys that continuously blow chances, turn the puck over night in and night out or take stupid penalties off the hook?

Roy missed at least 2 wide open nets and took a stupid penalty in the Offensive zone, yet he doesn't even get mentioned, because of a headache ? That headache crap reminds me of a runningback that coughs up the ball and then suddenly is injured, to blame those misses on the headache (which it seems Lindy is doing) is ridiculous. The love affair between Lindy and Roy gets me nauseous. :sick:

I am just sad. The real deal is the Sabres were out hit and out skated. Also, in this kinda game with the guins talent, the Sabres really missed Erhoff. The seemed to have more trouble then recently normal moving out of their own zone. Man the guins are fast.

And yes the Sabres missed a lot of chances, but mostly because the speed of the game was at a much higher level and they were holding making decisions faster than they normally do.

Doesn't matter to me. And I recall that they removed him after the third goal so we scored two more on their other goalie.

Nobody gave us a break for our injuries and issues. I don't give a damn about others.

Which has nothing to do with the point. I guess excuses have become a natural reflex on this board.

The question was which game is a better gauge? You can't gauge where a team is at against a third string goalie.

1. I thinks both are interesting guages. They show what the Sabres have finally grown into (Caps game), and what they still need to work on against a fully motivated very talented team. I don't think the Sabres brought their A game, but part of that was the way the Guins played the Sabres top two lines.
  2. Also the Sabres play a lot of match up zone defense and against the Guins they need to be able to play man to man. Without Erhoff, I am not sure the Sabre young guys are quite ready for that skill level.
  3. Still the Sabres didn't play horrible against the Penguins, they just need to figure out how to up their game against a team like that and at times they did, but at other times it looks like they were not sure what to do. Could be exhaustion, because I just don't think they were ready to skate at the level they needed or I hate to say this but coaching.

1. I thinks both are interesting guages. They show what the Sabres have finally grown into (Caps game), and what they still need to work on against a fully motivated very talented team. I don't think the Sabres brought their A game, but part of that was the way the Guins played the Sabres top two lines.
  2. Also the Sabres play a lot of match up zone defense and against the Guins they need to be able to play man to man. Without Erhoff, I am not sure the Sabre young guys are quite ready for that skill level.
  3. Still the Sabres didn't play horrible against the Penguins, they just need to figure out how to up their game against a team like that and at times they did, but at other times it looks like they were not sure what to do. Could be exhaustion, because I just don't think they were ready to skate at the level they needed or I hate to say this but coaching.

I wonder what the thoughts would be on the Sabres effort if they weren't given three gift goals?

I wonder what the thoughts would be on the Sabres effort if they weren't given three gift goals?

Mixed, some of it was effort especially early on they were not getting back as a team.

But a lot seemed to be mental. I saw some really bad changes. Players need to be aware of how fast Pitts moves the puck up the ice and how many guys are coming off at one time. McCormick seemed to be the only guy on that page.

Break downs on D especially by the forwards were rampant and they haven't been doing that as much lately. I guess that is an effort thing too. The Sabres made the mistake of taking a breath when they could not afford too. Now they need to win out and hope the Caps lay more than one egg because I am not sure the Sabres can win out.

Again i saw the game on the GameCenter.

We did not earn to win this game. We got 1-2 gifts from Johnson and one from the boards.

We also gave up stupid penalties, but these were also gifts by the refs to the Penguins.

Now our chances are below 50% again.

Fight tonight, get two points, battle like it is the last thing to do this season.

Thoughtful post and i agree. But,not just the young guys, While there were pp and an empty net goal, Leopold was on the ice for all 5 guins goals. Pairing of Leopold and Meyers just refuse to take a man off the puck in the d zone. I would think we teach our guys to stick check only, but Sakera/Regher will play the man. Maybe he shouldn't be leading the team in ice time.

Had Foligno not tried to sell that trip so badly the refs might have called it. I give him a 10 on the embellishment. Just fall down Markus, don't swan.

Based on the rest of the game I highly doubt it.

So how huge is that point lost because of Weber's bonehead incompetent play at the end of the Avalanche game with 2 seconds left on the clock when they tied it? We would have won in reg with 2 points, instead we lost and had only 1. :angry:

I was just going to point this out this morning. That Avs game is gonna haunt us.

This. Just two wins out of those 12 or even a few OL and this team is still in a playoff spot.

Painful, but true

Archived