GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo (3/30/2012, 7:30pm)

deluca67

Thank God for the Twin Village Recycling commercial. Seems to make a loss feel a little better.

On another note, if I were given Boyes or Roys jersey after the game, I would wipe my ass w it. :P

Hodgson turnover resulted in one of the penguin goals, right? I was driving and listening on the radio - so I didn't see it.

and of course, Lame-O missed a shot that would have been a game-changer.

And one of the goals was that pathetic tripping penalty called on Foligno.... how many times did the Penguins blatantly trip Sabres, including Foligno, and nothing was called?

So how huge is that point lost because of Weber's bonehead incompetent play at the end of the Avalanche game with 2 seconds left on the clock when they tied it? We would have won in reg with 2 points, instead we lost and had only 1. :angry:

The collective 12 game road losing streak in Dec/Jan/Feb is the real issue.....that's 24 points down the toilet right there.

Despite playing a clearly superior team (as I said, on another level) and terrible officiating, still only lost by 1 real goal. I hate the defense for playing awful, I hate Miller for that softie to Crosby, I hate the refs for being all-around awful, and I hate not at least getting a loser point when we had every opportunity to get one. Now we need help again :wallbash:

Refs sucked .......but ......the penguins are a better team than us. Crosby/malkin are such a handful and it appears that 1 injury has thrown the D off.....how much things change when its crunch time. We need to go 4-0 I feel now....we shall see, but the optimism is clearly decreased

Now we are back to scoreboard watching. :(

And it definitely does not favor Buffalo this final week of the season. Tonight's game was huge, even if it was just one point, but the Sabres needed at least that.

The collective 12 game road losing streak in Dec/Jan/Feb is the real issue.....that's 24 points down the toilet right there.

This. Just two wins out of those 12 or even a few OL and this team is still in a playoff spot.

Sabres played below average, Miller was ify until they were down by 4, then he stood firm. Refs screwed us in the end though. Blatant trips, cross checks, and holdings weren't called on the Pens yet the Foligno call was assanine. The Roy call was a bit out there as well since Roy hardly had his hand on his stick. It's sickening when refs do this.

Hodgson turnover resulted in one of the penguin goals, right? I was driving and listening on the radio - so I didn't see it.

and of course, Lame-O missed a shot that would have been a game-changer.

And one of the goals was that pathetic tripping penalty called on Foligno.... how many times did the Penguins blatantly trip Sabres, including Foligno, and nothing was called?

If you are going to bag on the officials, you have to include the Foligno slew-foot early in the game.

The Sabres lost to an incredibly talented team who's best players came to play. There is a reason why the Pens are a Cup contender and the Sabres are battling for 8th place.

They let Brent Johnson off of the hook. He was battling the puck all night.

Time to dust off the loss and sweep the Leafs. I think it is safe to say the Caps are not running the table. The Sabres should still be the favorites to take the 8th spot.

If you going to bag on the officials, you have to include the Foligno slew-foot early in the game.

The Sabres lost to an incredibly talented team who's best players came to play. There is a reason why the Pens are a Cup contender and the Sabres are battling for 8th place.

Time to dust off the loss and sweep the Leafs. I think it is safe to say the Caps are not running the table. The Sabres should still be the favorites to take the 8th spot.

Some random thoughts on the game -

-The officiating was AWFUL!!!!

-The officiating had absolutely NOTHING to do with the outcome of the game.

-The Sabres have to bury their chances. They are not good enough to let any go by.

-I'm really tired of watching Crosby violate Miller's five-hole.

-I thought it was a pretty good game and we fought as hard as we could.

-I'm really torn on whether I want the Sabres to make the playoffs or not.

One thing is for certain now: Roy must be traded this summer. This is no longer debatable. This guy is ALWAYS invisible in important games like this one. He is a locker room cancer that needs to be removed a.s.a.p.

Ennis moving to center makes trading Roy less of a big deal. $5.5 million contract for 1 year? Someone in this 30-team league will take that.

GET THE ###### OFF MY TEAM, ROY, YOU ###### PIECE OF ######.

If you going to bag on the officials, you have to include the Foligno slew-foot early in the game.

+1 ..... I like your thinking. Caps do not have the goal tending

Archived