Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

On 7/30/2024 at 9:35 PM, nfreeman said:

Awesome:  family trip to the Pacific Northwest. 

Not awesome at all:  returning to work.

Awesome:  seeing the grandbaby.

Not awesome at all:  Houston in August (or March, April, May, June, July, September and October).  I just don't really understand how 7M+ people can live there?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 7/30/2024 at 10:35 PM, nfreeman said:

Awesome:  family trip to the Pacific Northwest. 

I know it well, and miss it.

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Awesome:  seeing the grandbaby.

Not awesome at all: Houston in August (or March, April, May, June, July, September and October).  I just don't really understand how 7M+ people can live there?  

I went to a wedding there in July, years ago. As I got out of the car that had picked me up at the airport, it was so weird to be shoo'd in from the heat (it was the mother of the bride, hailing us from the house) in a way that reminded me of being shoo'd in from the cold here in Buffalo in January.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

We have been up in the mountains of NH the last few days. Yesterday, a mother black bear ran through our backyard with three cubs. The awesome part is that none of us were out there. It probably would have looked like a scene from cocaine bear. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Watched a pod of of 6 or 8 orcas rub themselves on a beach about 30 feet from where we sitting.

They flipped over and scratched their backs along the rocks as they repeatedly swam past.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 8/25/2024 at 10:08 AM, dudacek said:

Watched a pod of of 6 or 8 orcas rub themselves on a beach about 30 feet from where we sitting.

They flipped over and scratched their backs along the rocks as they repeatedly swam past.

A pod, you say?