Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

So I'm in Helsinki, Finland this week for work and as it turns out the company we are visiting is across the road from arena for the Espoo Blues of the Finnish Elite league. So naturally I had to check out any Sabres connections to this team....

It's the last professional stop in the career of Christian Ruuttu in 98/99.

Goalie Tom Draper played here during the 01/02 season.

Ted Sator coached here in 2003, and was replaced as coach mid season by former Sabres blue liner Hannu Virta.

So I'm in Helsinki, Finland this week for work and as it turns out the company we are visiting is across the road from arena for the Espoo Blues of the Finnish Elite league. So naturally I had to check out any Sabres connections to this team....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6UKQd4-bgw#t=123

(2:03, if the time link doesn't work)

Edited by MattPie

It's the last professional stop in the career of Christian Ruuttu in 98/99.

Goalie Tom Draper played here during the 01/02 season.

Ted Sator coached here in 2003, and was replaced as coach mid season by former Sabres blue liner Hannu Virta.

Wow! Ruuttu lasted that long??? 

Is anyone else watching Marvel's Agent Carter?  I didn't really plan to, but ended up watching the first three episodes yesterday on Hulu Plus out of boredom and I actually kind of like it.  The casting for Jarvis especially was great; I love his character.

Is anyone else watching Marvel's Agent Carter?  I didn't really plan to, but ended up watching the first three episodes yesterday on Hulu Plus out of boredom and I actually kind of like it.  The casting for Jarvis especially was great; I love his character.

No, I am starting Fargo though and I love it. I was afraid it would butcher the movie, but they seem to go hand in glove. Not cottoning to the Bob Odenkirk character yet. Billy Bob Thornton is just creepy good though.

No, I am starting Fargo though and I love it. I was afraid it would butcher the movie, but they seem to go hand in glove. Not cottoning to the Bob Odenkirk character yet. Billy Bob Thornton is just creepy good though.

I've never seen Fargo.  :ph34r:

Oh that looks good.  Is it on Netflix?

Watching Anthony Bourdain tonight and he featured Buffalo which was cool. Local musician named Nelson Star invited him. Local taverns,eateries,snowmobiling etc. Enjoyed it. Bourdain had some nice things to say about the locals that he met. Anyone catch this ? 

That episode is at least four years old.  It's pretty cool.

Watching Anthony Bourdain tonight and he featured Buffalo which was cool. Local musician named Nelson Star invited him. Local taverns,eateries,snowmobiling etc. Enjoyed it. Bourdain had some nice things to say about the locals that he met. Anyone catch this ? 

I found it funny that even though it's an episode in Buffalo in winter, just how often they ended up outside.