Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I did the r/hockey gift exchange recently. The person I got is an Islanders fan whose fav player is Kyle Okposo. I did a quick painting of him, printed, framed, and got it sent out a day before the deadline. Just got a notification in the email tonight that my giftee had posted what he had received. Apparently my gift made this guy so happy he cried. I don't usually enjoy making men cry, but in this case, it totally made my night.

I was intrigued by the gift exchange, so I went a-googling. I happened upon your giftee's reaction. The reaction would have made my life. You have quite a gift, Jo.

I did the r/hockey gift exchange recently. The person I got is an Islanders fan whose fav player is Kyle Okposo. I did a quick painting of him, printed, framed, and got it sent out a day before the deadline. Just got a notification in the email tonight that my giftee had posted what he had received. Apparently my gift made this guy so happy he cried. I don't usually enjoy making men cry, but in this case, it totally made my night.

Here's the reddit post for those interested

http://redditgifts.c...at-my-eyes-are/

Super cool Josie. I bet that islanders fan wasn't expecting anything like that.

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Islanders fan. He might have been heading out the door on his way to jump off the Tapanzee Bridge when that package arrived. I kid. But, seriously, you never really know how much even a small gesture can mean to someone. The reaction was pretty amazing. He might have really needed something like that.

Islanders fan. He might have been heading out the door on his way to jump off the Tapanzee Bridge when that package arrived. I kid. But, seriously, you never really know how much even a small gesture can mean to someone. The reaction was pretty amazing. He might have really needed something like that.

I'm always super hard on myself and am never too happy with anything I create. Honestly, knowing I can make one person that happy with something I made makes it all worth it.

He struck me as a pretty soft hearted guy- I'd messaged him that I was running a little slow and not to worry- I didn't forget about it, and he told me the main reason he does the gift exchange is because he loves the giving part.

Still, makes me happy to know he'll probably really treasure that piece.

All the warm fuzzies.

This, this is the definition of awesome. I love music, and I'm a csc major, so this is incredible.

You can upload a song, or pick from their many tracks, and it creates an infinite loop of that song. I can explain it some more if anyone likes it, try it out.

http://labs.echonest...ader/index.html

EDIT: I should clarify a little bit: it's not that the program run through than merely loops itself in the same order, it identifies certain areas of the song that are similar, and loops song back/forward to that point while the user is listening. It makes for some really cool versions of songs.

Edited by WildCard

This, this is the definition of awesome. I love music, and I'm a csc major, so this is incredible.

You can upload a song, or pick from their many tracks, and it creates an infinite loop of that song. I can explain it some more if anyone likes it, try it out.

http://labs.echonest...ader/index.html

EDIT: I should clarify a little bit: it's not that the program run through than merely loops itself in the same order, it identifies certain areas of the song that are similar, and loops song back/forward to that point while the user is listening. It makes for some really cool versions of songs.

This is pretty cool. I put on some two chord jams and played along and it's a pretty fun exercise. I put in something cyclical like Long Line of Cars by Cake and there's just a hundred million arcs in the last minute or so that are un-listenable. By far the most entertaining song i tried so far was the Lemon song by Zep. The long bluesy bass interlude is untouched by the arcs, but it hops back and forth in between Page's two guitar solos and it sounds awesome.

This is pretty cool. I put on some two chord jams and played along and it's a pretty fun exercise. I put in something cyclical like Long Line of Cars by Cake and there's just a hundred million arcs in the last minute or so that are un-listenable. By far the most entertaining song i tried so far was the Lemon song by Zep. The long bluesy bass interlude is untouched by the arcs, but it hops back and forth in between Page's two guitar solos and it sounds awesome.

The Zeppelin songs are my favorite so far just because of the Page solo's and Bonham's drums. Whole Lotta Love was cool in that that meshed Bonham and Plant, but I was pretty disappointed that there weren't more arcs in that weird bongo-###### solo. really well I've found instrumental songs work much better than anything mainly vocal, mostly because it just flows better. The group stll has a ways to go in making their transitions more seamless, but it's still a pretty awesome idea and program.

IKnowPhysics, the physics you sent to me telepathically during the exam worked! Highest grade in the class! so pumped

I have a chem final tomorrow then I'm done for the Summer. My mechanics test today was so exhausting. After 3 hours of calculus I just wanted to come home and sleep. Which I was able to do when my boss called me off tonight :)

I have a chem final tomorrow then I'm done for the Summer. My mechanics test today was so exhausting. After 3 hours of calculus I just wanted to come home and sleep. Which I was able to do when my boss called me off tonight :)

Well I'm glad you can rest the brain for a bit, and best of luck tomorrow!

What calc are you taking? I'm studying for calc II right now. Volumes will be the death of me :wallbash:

Edited by WildCard

I actually just took my calc II exam Monday. We only had one volume question, revolution around the x axis to be exact.

Rev. about the axis is always nice. Did you use Shells or Washers method? I usually go with Shells if it's about y-axis, but that depends on if I'm allowed to in the instructions of course.

Also, did you get some series convergence/divergence questions? They're usually not too bad, just all depends on if you can find the right test to use. I don't think I'll get a Taylor or a Maclaurin Series question, but I'd welcome the Maclaurin one over a Power-Series expansion.

Edited by WildCard