Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Wow, you get your first bridesmaid dress. Is it a neon green low cut model or a full length LA Kings circa 1972 purple w/ gold or pink trim? :P

I've never understood why brides want their best friends to look as hideous as possible, other than it's tradition.

haha no. Mercifully I think they'll be navy. Unmercifully they're going to be pretty expensive. :(

If I ever get married, it'll just be something like blue, which looks good on everyone, and the ladies can pick whatever dress style they want. I don't understand the super uniform look. Of my close friends, two are thin, the others are ... not... and all but one are covered in tattoos. Wear what you want, guys.

Nope, M-B AMG. Woot!

Very very nice. Which model?

Edited by Josie914

haha no. Mercifully I think they'll be navy. Unmercifully they're going to be pretty expensive. :(

If I ever get married, it'll just be something like blue, which looks good on everyone, and the ladies can pick whatever dress style they want. I don't understand the super uniform look. Of my close friends, two are thin, the others are ... not... and all but one are covered in tattoos. Wear what you want, guys.

Very very nice. Which model?

Forgot the part about brides bankrupting their friends as well. Hey, it's tradition! ;)

My wife had a her bridesmaids wear black dresses of their choosing. It worked for everyone. Something about black dresses...:wub:

My wife had a her bridesmaids wear black dresses of their choosing. It worked for everyone. Something about black dresses... :wub:

haha Carter and mine's "song" (I guess if we have one) is Long Cool Woman... I don't know if it's because that's all I ever wore when we started dating or because we both drank too much whiskey...

Playing a game today with d4rk and others at the outdoor rink in East Aurora. I'm not good at hockey by any stretch of the imagination, delusional or kind, but it's going to be fun to hit the ice with new people, and possibly shoot pucks at d4rk's head.

Playing a game today with d4rk and others at the outdoor rink in East Aurora. I'm not good at hockey by any stretch of the imagination, delusional or kind, but it's going to be fun to hit the ice with new people, and possibly shoot pucks at d4rk's head.

My sister was a total badass in high school and college playing sports. She played soccer for Oberlin which was D3 (even though she had a full scholarship from a D2 school) and it was almost unfair. Head and shoulders above everyone on her team, and a Girgensons-esque hatred of losing. She's been playing pond hockey with us for 2 or 3 years now and she refuses to get pads and play drop in and adult league. Her friendboy started skating with us this winter and already has been to a couple drop ins so far.

And be delusional! I just played drop in and I think I'm ###### great! (spoiler: not even close)

My sister was a total badass in high school and college playing sports. She played soccer for Oberlin which was D3 (even though she had a full scholarship from a D2 school) and it was almost unfair. Head and shoulders above everyone on her team, and a Girgensons-esque hatred of losing. She's been playing pond hockey with us for 2 or 3 years now and she refuses to get pads and play drop in and adult league. Her friendboy started skating with us this winter and already has been to a couple drop ins so far.

And be delusional! I just played drop in and I think I'm ###### great! (spoiler: not even close)

I pulled my groin like a boss today. Ouch. And poor Josie got trucked by a big guy on accident and isn't feeling too hot. We had a tough outing :unsure:

I pulled my groin like a boss today. Ouch. And poor Josie got trucked by a big guy on accident and isn't feeling too hot. We had a tough outing :unsure:

"Trucked by a big guy" is not what I want on my cause of death someday...

But yeah, that was... painful. Didn't hurt until a couple hours later (I blame beer for keeping the pain away). Nothin' like getting your head snapped back and hearing *crunch crick craaaack* as it happens.

Why won't your sister pop in for adult league? I bet she'd have a ton of fun. The only time I've been met with not so nice attitude about my inexperience on the ice was when I first learned to play hockey (literally had never put the pads on before) in an intramural team at RIT. I almost quit playing, it was tough to deal with. I'm in a beginner league now that's fun. Most teams are excited to have a chick on the team, especially if she's any good :)

Although I DID have to change in the locker room with a bunch of gents yesterday, and saw some things I hope to never see again... :sick:

Why won't your sister pop in for adult league? I bet she'd have a ton of fun. The only time I've been met with not so nice attitude about my inexperience on the ice was when I first learned to play hockey (literally had never put the pads on before) in an intramural team at RIT. I almost quit playing, it was tough to deal with. I'm in a beginner league now that's fun. Most teams are excited to have a chick on the team, especially if she's any good :)

Although I DID have to change in the locker room with a bunch of gents yesterday, and saw some things I hope to never see again... :sick:

I have no idea why my sister wont play. I nag her about it all the time.

We had a brother sister combo on our team one year. They both had ridiculous hands. Like, borderline unfair for adult league hands.

Ahhh this reminds me of one of my favorite pre-game warm ups. My former roommate was my beer league team's goalie and I would also shot pucks at his head in warmups. One day he got a brand new set of pads. I was telling him all week that I get take the first shot and leave the first puck mark on those pads. So what did I do when we got on the ice? That's right, direct shot to his cage. He was pissed.