Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

So Robyn Roberts comes out as a lesbian. Great. Why does this matter? First of all, if you didn't know she liked roast beef curtains instead of weinershnitsel you should get your gaydar checked. Secondly, I think it's sad that people feel the need to come out. I'm sure all of her close friends and family knew already. What's the point?

I like the sentiment that it shouldn't matter, and I hope we get there in my lifetime. But for now, I'm betting she thinks she's helping others.

I wish they wouldn't photoshop her to look skinnier for magazine covers and such. She's got good curves.

This is one of the many reasons I like you.

I've got way more in common with Ms. Upton than most of the desirable ladies with their thigh gaps out there. We need more Uptons and Christina Hendricks' and Robin Lawleys in the world.

Or it meant something to her girlfriend/wife.

I think we are getting there.

I think it does mean something because there are not that many people in the spotlight that are openly out. The percentages of gay people in american and gay people in the spotlight are very far off. So it is a big deal when people come out.

I think it does mean something because there are not that many people in the spotlight that are openly out. The percentages of gay people in american and gay people in the spotlight are very far off. So it is a big deal when people come out.

+1

It puts a face on an idea that is alien to many. A tangible, human personality. Helps lessen that "us v them" image. I hope one day people won't have to "come out" as well, because it won't be a big deal, but that's still a ways away.

And Ms. Roberts was very tasteful about it. She mentioned her girlfriend of many years. She didn't come out banging a rainbow drum and hollering. Having fame and being homosexual is still tough in this time. Good on her.

I would bet good money that Robyn Roberts has at least had a few flings with guys. If you watched her and Chris Berman on Sportscenter 20+ years ago, they were practically banging each other through words and body language.

And here's to no thigh gaps. The saddle bags are like the wrapping paper to the Christmas present. Plus they make for good sound effects....

Breaking Bad. I know I'm seriously late to the party on that one, but I've watched the entire first season over the last 2 days with my mom and am already planning a binge viewing for this weekend since I now own dvds and/or digital copies of seasons 2-6. So good.

As someone who is still watching the whole series over and over, I really believe it's one of the most well done pieces of art ever. I am basing this on my terribly small sample size of all art ever but i'm not usually a big tv show watcher (more of a music/video games dork).

There is an ending of a certain episode that still makes me cry every time I watch it and I've seen it probably about 12 times now.

The bb insider podcast is also awesome. Vince Gilligan and Kelley Dixon (editor) speak on every single one, and then a revolving cast of actors, writers, and producers join the conversation. It really gives you an inside look at the massive collaboration that any tv show requires to even be made. There's a podcast for all 55 episodes of seasons 2-5.

I still give them a listen every now and again while I work. They're freat for getting through writer's block (not that writing is my job, it's just what I usually think about whilst washing dishes).

My avatar might indicate otherwise, but I'm actually not a big boob guy. It's probably 3rd on my list of female attributes prized by the superficial male. However, if it's naked boobs you want once again Steel Panther delivers with their brand new video. Definitely not their best effort song wise but the video is awesome (and therefore NSFW) with the previously mentioned naked boobs and multitude of B celebrity cameos. Make sure you stay tuned for Walt Jr's appearance and recreation of a popular Breaking Bad scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roRcksH2_HQ

I've been needing a nice top coat for a long time, so thanks to a gift card from my brother and a 40% off sale, I scored a $600 Calvin Klein coat at Men's Warehouse for $250. Awesome.

Also I have a post to make in the whiskey thread later thanks to a certain girlfriend of mine :D

http://www.wral.com/...check/13260447/

Exit 6 Pub and Brewery in the St. Louis suburb of Cottleville named one of its brews the Frappicino, with one c instead of the two that Starbucks uses for its blended beverages. That prompted an attorney for Starbucks Coffee Co. to send Exit 6 a letter on Dec. 9.

The letter from attorney Anessa Owen Kramer noted that the Seattle-based company "is the owner of a number of world-famous trademarks, including the well-known FRAPPUCCINO trademark." It said that the words are "phonetically identical" and that Exit 6's use of Frappicino "is likely to cause confusion, mistake."

In his sarcastic response letter, Exit 6 owner Jeff Britton also wrote that the brewery "never thought that our beer drinking customers would have thought that the alcoholic beverage coming out of the tap would have actually been coffee from one of the many, many, many stores located a few blocks away."

Exit 6 posted the letter on its Facebook site and responded with a letter to "Mr. Bucks." The letter said Exit 6 would no longer use the term "Frappicino" and would instead refer to its beer as the "F Word."

Blizzards ...

http://weather.gc.ca...9_metric_e.html

Oh yeah, and the cold.

Super cold everywhere. Not looking forward to working with jumpy horses and pushing heavy wheelbarrows in knee high snowdrifts and crazy wind this weekend but... I AM looking forward to trying out snowshoes for the first time and hopefully getting out on a frozen pond!

Super cold everywhere. Not looking forward to working with jumpy horses and pushing heavy wheelbarrows in knee high snowdrifts and crazy wind this weekend but... I AM looking forward to trying out snowshoes for the first time and hopefully getting out on a frozen pond!

You're Amish?

Insurance companies. No really.

Jo had a car accident today and State Farm was really helpful with getting everything handled for her claim, towing, and at some point here a rental car.

In the mean time we're sitting at Urgent Care so she can get her back looked at, so her next post in this thread should be about painkillers :P

Insurance companies. No really.

Jo had a car accident today and State Farm was really helpful with getting everything handled for her claim, towing, and at some point here a rental car.

In the mean time we're sitting at Urgent Care so she can get her back looked at, so her next post in this thread should be about painkillers :P

Sorry to hear it. Wasn't she fighting back problems before this too?