What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

I made something similar a few weeks ago for a party, and it was fantastic until the dish slid off the table and smashed.

My wife loves it, my Puerto Rican friends want to know why my Spanish is so , but my baking is so good....as for me.... Meh? The cake is too damn wet for me. And no, I don't mean moist! It's freaking wet! And Hella sweet!

But no cake ever deserves to be unceremoniously dumped off of a table, MattPie. No sir. That is a demise that no cake should ever suffer.

My wife loves it, my Puerto Rican friends want to know why my Spanish is so ######, but my baking is so good....as for me.... Meh? The cake is too damn wet for me. And no, I don't mean moist! It's freaking wet! And Hella sweet!

But no cake ever deserves to be unceremoniously dumped off of a table, MattPie. No sir. That is a demise that no cake should ever suffer.

Especially in my awesome blue 9x13 glass dish. MrsPie got me a nice Pyrex to replace it but I'm still a little annoyed that I broke it.

This is the recipe I use. It's technically a bread pudding, but the description mentions it's a lot like a Tres Leches. I'm thinking about doing an experiment with some matcha green tea to cut the sweetness a bit.

http://www.food.com/recipe/mulates-homemade-bread-pudding-with-butter-rum-sauce-367906

Today is National Tequila Day. Who's in?

As for eats..... Ive got 15lbs of meatballs and 3gal of baked beans working in the smoker.

I don't know if it's just a happy coincidence that I was already drinking tequila, or just sad because the odds were going to pretty good that that's what I would have been doing today anyway.

Either way, bless you you wonderful fermented distilled agave juice. You've made me very happy and deserve your day.

As for eats..... Ive got 15lbs of meatballs and 3gal of baked beans working in the smoker.

I'm in for after work. Even though it will be after 2am. If I haven't gone to bed yet, it's still Sunday.

As for eats? Riiiiiiibs!

I'm in. I've got the limes and am over run with chocolate mint. Didn't realize how much it spreads when I planted. After I finish this beer need to run out for the tequila and soda water. I love tequila mojito. The one liquor I've always loved has a day!

As for eats....I may end up too drunk to remember I should eat.

I'm in. I've got the limes and am over run with chocolate mint. Didn't realize how much it spreads when I planted. After I finish this beer need to run out for the tequila and soda water. I love tequila mojito. The one liquor I've always loved has a day!

As for eats....I may end up too drunk to remember I should eat.

You. Planted. Mint? In the ground? On purpose? Mint is incredibly invasive. Plant it in pots or prepare to be over run.

Tequila mojito is my go to today.

You. Planted. Mint? In the ground? On purpose? Mint is incredibly invasive. Plant it in pots or prepare to be over run.

Tequila mojito is my go to today.

Uhhhhh yup. At the request of Mrs. iT. She didn't tell me what it did.

I'm cheating a bit on the recipe. I'm using lemon lime soda in place of seltzer. It's good.

Uhhhhh yup. At the request of Mrs. iT. She didn't tell me what it did.

I'm cheating a bit on the recipe. I'm using lemon lime soda in place of seltzer. It's good.

Ive been guilty of sneaking 0 cal lime flavored sparkling water into my mojitos. I actually prefer them that way.

I'd love to fire up the Egg or Weber tonight, but with a 106 heat index I'm choosing to stay inside over tending to a hot fire. Yes NC summers suck just as bad as Buffalo winters.

88 and a ridiculous dewpoint today. But mojitos is fluids, right?

I'm catering my niece's graduation party next week. The pork was smoked 2 weeks ago, but I needed to get the sides and apps done today. Had an invite to fish Lake Erie today, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

The aroma of the smoker on top of tequila mojitos aint so bad, even in the heat.

Ya know that scene in Jaws where Hooper shows up to the Brody house with 2 bottles of wine and Martin pours a wine glass for his wife, one for Hooper and then fills a whole pint glass for himself...?

Yep,im doing the tequila version of that. What a f'n day. F*** work. It's the weekend, thank Jesus H. Christ!

4 cheese crab macaroni and cheese. Was a request of my sons girlfreind for her birthday dinner.

Knocked it outta the park. Now I need to digest this mass in my tummy.

And the digestif? Casamigo anejo tequila. George Clooney is an investor. Its really damned tasty. Maybe not as complex as some, but smooth as silk and has some real nice barrel notes in it. Nice, subtle, sweet molasses hint on the finish. This bottle wont last long.

4 cheese crab macaroni and cheese. Was a request of my sons girlfreind for her birthday dinner.

Knocked it outta the park. Now I need to digest this mass in my tummy.

And the digestif? Casamigo anejo tequila. George Clooney is an investor. Its really damned tasty. Maybe not as complex as some, but smooth as silk and has some real nice barrel notes in it. Nice, subtle, sweet molasses hint on the finish. This bottle wont last long.

I understand why you did this--family reasons and all that--but why do people continue to insist on covering up the taste of delicate seafood with mac and cheese?

It started with lobster mac and cheese, of course.  I dare anyone to actually taste the lobster in that situation.

Some foods are too delicate to be killed by heavy sauces, and I think lobster and crab both are in that category.

This is not a personal attack on weave.

I understand why you did this--family reasons and all that--but why do people continue to insist on covering up the taste of delicate seafood with mac and cheese?

It started with lobster mac and cheese, of course.  I dare anyone to actually taste the lobster in that situation.

Some foods are too delicate to be killed by heavy sauces, and I think lobster and crab both are in that category.

Cuz seafood sux!

:devil:

It started with lobster mac and cheese, of course. I dare anyone to actually taste the lobster in that situation.

You could readily taste the crab. And I left the meat in decent sized chunks so you had the sensation of eating crab.

Would I do it again? No. I can think of plenty more interesting ways to make crab. But it didnt hide the crab flavor.

Cuz seafood sux!

Ok, that is Eleven level food broken. Edited by We've

Cuz seafood sux!

Swamp, I could give you lobster mac and cheese and you wouldn't have any idea that there is lobster in it, except for the texture difference.  I get that you don't eat seafood--that's fine--but lobster (and crab) is such a slightly-flavored food that it loses everything in cheese sauce.

I've bent my brain trying to thing of an analogue, but I can't.

Ok, that is Eleven level food broken.

No need to get so crabby.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.