What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

It comes out just about as good as when you get in a restaurant, and it's practically zero effort.  Hate if you want, I don't care.

Oh I don't hate on pork.  Ever.  But man, you gots barbequing weather year round!  

In all fairness Texas is more known for beef BBQ, but I think if you make crockpot pulled pork in NC....bad things happen, really bad things.

Carnitas is bad things in NC?

Oh I don't hate on pork. Ever. But man, you gots barbequing weather year round!

Carnitas is bad things in NC?

Not àt all, there is an authentic Mexican food truck that makes the best carnitas you've ever had right down the road from me....but if you invite over a native North Carolinian and serve crock pot pulled pork, I think they end up staging a Civil War reenactment battle in your backyard.

Kind of similar to many of the chicken wing sacrilege practices we witness outside of WNY.

Edited by Claude_Verret

Kind of similar to many of the chicken wing sacrilege practices we witness outside of WNY.

You mean like a BBQ sauce base for hot sauce? Or did you mean places that bake their wings? Or places that can't figure out what medium means? Or... Never mind, I could do this for days. This is why I make my own wings now.

You mean like a BBQ sauce base for hot sauce? Or did you mean places that bake their wings? Or places that can't figure out what medium means? Or... Never mind, I could do this for days. This is why I make my own wings now.

I first had BBQ wings from Santora's in 1967. It's been a part of Buffalo chicken wings for a long time.

I first had BBQ wings from Santora's in 1967. It's been a part of Buffalo chicken wings for a long time.

I'd almost guess BBQ wings existed (in other places) before Buffalo chicken wings did. I normally order them if I'm out as "Buffalo" wings usually leave a lot to be desired.

I didn't say BBQ wings. BBQ wings are all fine and good. But when I order 5 lbs of hot with celery and Bleu cheese and I get a BBQ/hot sauce mixture, well that's just not good sauce!

I've been mastering the grilled ribeye lately, but a few months ago I went with something new. A dry rubbed, grilled pork loin. I usually get about a 2.5-3 pound pork loin and rub it with a mixture of cayenne, kosher salt, ground pepper, sugar, brown sugar, etc.............. Grilling it takes about 45-60 minutes with the lid up, on high.

Here's the problem I'm having, maybe somebody can help. Whenever I rub it, within minutes the rub gets wet and turns into a thick, pasty coating. It will collect at the bottom of the plate I have it on, and I have to keep scooping it up and rubbing it back on. This happens no matter how much I dry it off beforehand. Somehow I pictured it turning out looking like a brisket. Is there a way to keep the dry rub, dry? When I grill it, it still comes out delicious as I keep scooping it back onto the meat as it grills. It's the best pork I've had, juicy and super tender. I was just hoping it would come out looking like a brisket, that's the tastiest part is the outside.

Oh, to keep with the title of the thread, I just had a bowl of strawberries and raspberries.

u0BAmiFh.jpg

g1YzMBCh.jpg

Looks good JJ!

I do pork loin about once a month. Just rubbed up with a little salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. When there's about 10 minutes of cook time left I brush on a cranberry sauce made from a can of cranberries mixed on the stove with some cranberry juice, then it doubles as a drizzle sauce once the pork is on your plate.

You just made me want to make it on the grill, just as soon as the weather here permits it.

Pork loin doesnt need alot of rub. Grilling it won't develop a bark so there is no point in a thick rub. Give it the equivalent of a heavy seasoning and let it marinate in that for a few hours instead.

Thanks we've. I'll try that too!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.