What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

I thought they added jalapenos to make Mexican Coke.

Breakfast of Champions, corned beef hash and two over easy eggs.

I had a can of pork n beans and coffee watching The Comancheros. My testosterone levels are off the charts. I feel like Steve Ott.

Yep. I only drink soda a couple of times per month, so I make it count.

NS: I'll be fine; there was plenty of rice in that burrito!

Mexican coke is the best. I grab a bottle when I'm at Wegmans on occasion. Tasty treats.

• 2 weeks later...

Jamaican Jerk center cut pork chops on the grill along with a spinach salad for dinner. Whipped up the marinade a few minutes ago. Chops are soaking up the goodness as we speak. Lots of fresh ground spices like dried habeneros, cloves, star anise, and cinnamon added to orange and lime juice and a good hit of soy sauce. Chops will get a good sear on the grill and taken off at medium rare. Salad will be dressed with an Asian vinagrette that will be citrus based (lime juice)..

And a glass of Buffalo Trace is in my hand.

It feels like grilling weather is well underway. Might as well act like it.

Hell, at this rate a cigar might find its way in my hands before the sun goes down.

Man, I wish weave was my neighbor.

Following the trend, we're cooking out here in a bit as well... I think we're making ranch burgers, and I know we'll have lambic and Belgian beer to go along. Perfect weather for it today.

Man, I wish weave was my neighbor.

Following the trend, we're cooking out here in a bit as well... I think we're making ranch burgers, and I know we'll have lambic and Belgian beer to go along. Perfect weather for it today.

It's the cigar, isn't it? :P

Meant to post up last night, but i picked up a bottle of Cane and Abe rum at the store the other night and i quite like it. It's made in Wisconsin from American cane sugar. On sale for $20 made it a good deal. Check it out.

Light or dark?

I will try it. My brother-in-law introduced me to the concept of dark rum earlier this year, and I like it!

Rum is a lot of fun. I'm a big fan of Kracken as a dark spiced rum, but sometimes I want something lighter. This caught my eye solely from the label, which i think is great looking. I probably wouldn't have tried it were it not for the sale price. I'm glad I did.

I will try it. My brother-in-law introduced me to the concept of dark rum earlier this year, and I like it!

Rum is a lot of fun. I'm a big fan of Kracken as a dark spiced rum, but sometimes I want something lighter. This caught my eye solely from the label, which i think is great looking. I probably wouldn't have tried it were it not for the sale price. I'm glad I did.

Not sure how easy it is to get in the States, but Brugal rum from the Dominican is good stuff. I had the Anejo with soda most of the time I was there, but took a bottle of the Extra Viejo home and that's good enough to drink by itself.

http://www.drinkspirits.com/rum/brugal-rum-dominican-republic/

Edited by biodork

Hangover medicine. Two egg burritos with Wegman's hot salsa and cheddar cheese and a chaser of mango juice and 3 ibuprophen. Closing the bar last night seemed like a good idea at the time.

Working on ensuring I have a hangover tomorrow.....how in the world is that hangover medicine? Just thinking about that makes me queasy.

Avua Amburana Cachaca: http://www.avuacachaca.com/discover-amburana/

Trying it neat, but a little surprised by the alcohol burn and not sure I like the flavor (to be fair, I don't normally drink Cachaca). The nose is very sweet, but it doesn't taste overly saccharine. Will have to try experimenting with mixers to tone it down. The Prata is supposed to be cleaner and well-suited to caipirinhas, so we'll see once I restock my limes!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.