F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

My long-term sub position (High School Special Ed and 12th Grade Co-taught English) is wrapping up Tuesday next week and I got a card from my co-teacher today saying that I was better then the lady who is returning. 

As much as I'll miss this position (basically my dream job) the card brightened my day. 

Picking up a friend from the airport tomorrow.  On tap for the long weekend is snow tubing on Sat. and then snowshoeing on Monday.  Tuesday evening my mom flies in for a few days, and we're going to the Avs/Sabres game on Wed. evening.  :)

I get to see the legendary Sleep in Toronto tonight. For those not in the know, they basically invented the stoner metal genre in the very early 90's, and this is their first time anywhere close to Buffalo. Can't wait.

Awesome. A couple of months ago I had a Dopesmoker channel in Pandora for a while.

Actually, I still might have it.

Got a sizeable raise this week, and the money they owed me from last year (they paid me 2k less than they had promised). RIT gave me a raise too... I'm actually making a pretty decent living for myself, and for once, I don't have to tack "for an artist" on the end of that. 

But honestly, I'm most excited for the role I convinced my bosses to let  me take on- I'm developing an onboarding training program for new designers at our company. We need it so badly, and it gives me something to excel at and bring up in the next review  :angel:

Awesome. A couple of months ago I had a Dopesmoker channel in Pandora for a while.

Actually, I still might have it.

Can you forward this?  I am curious....

I get to see the legendary Sleep in Toronto tonight. For those not in the know, they basically invented the stoner metal genre in the very early 90's, and this is their first time anywhere close to Buffalo. Can't wait.

Not familiar.  I've got some youtubing to do now.......

So, last Thursday I was bitching about the food at work being all cabbage and awful. Well, work must read that thread because this week it's been great! Sausage and peppers, meatball subs, chicken parm, Italian wedding soup, pasta fagioli, and of course, chicken tenders.

And in preparation for the upcoming 3 inches of snow that is going to completely decimate northeastern Pennsylvania, I'm off to the liquor store to buy something fun. Maybe some makers mark and a 1/5 of Jäger.