F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

lol no threats or weapons.  Just a simple "would you like to date me?"

I did bribe her with really good food and beer.

Such a gentleman.  Who knew?  :P

The fact that good beer worked as a bribe is a very positive indicator of good judgment and continued happiness!  Once again, fantastic! 

lol I asked a girl to date me and she very excitedly said yes.

"Well it took a couple hours of convincing, but I was persistent."

:P

Liger -- very nice news.

But I have a few questions.  Let's break this down now, yo.

Did you ask her out on a date, or did you ask her to commence a relationship?

If it's the latter, was this the first non-platonic moment?  So going from a standing stop to an Afinogenov zoom up the ice?

Either way, should we convene the Executive Committee to develop your near-term strategy?

Liger -- very nice news.

But I have a few questions.  Let's break this down now, yo.

Did you ask her out on a date, or did you ask her to commence a relationship?

If it's the latter, was this the first non-platonic moment?  So going from a standing stop to an Afinogenov zoom up the ice?

Either way, should we convene the Executive Committee to develop your near-term strategy?

Okay, short version. Known her for a few months. Met at a wedding. Starting talking serious.  We were out on a date. Ask her if she would like to be my gf officially.  We don't need a strategy sessions, her and I are doing well. lol

Edited by LGR4GM

Okay, short version. Known her for a few months. Met at a wedding. Starting talking serious.  We were out on a date. Ask her if she would like to be my gf officially.  We don't need a strategy sessions, her and I are doing well. lol

Still living those high school days, I see.

And speaking of fantastic fridays, combined five game winning streak!

Still living those high school days, I see.

And speaking of fantastic fridays, combined five game winning streak!

Hell yes. Feels good.

I remember when d4rk and I became "official". I was laying upside down on his couch (I used to watch tv like that a lot) , we were watching a bad spaghetti western, I'd drank half his bottle of Bulleit rye. He looks over at me from the other end of the couch, goes "so, I guess you're my girlfriend?" "Yeah, if you're cool with being my boyfriend". And that was that. Ah, youth. 

Hell yes. Feels good.

I remember when d4rk and I became "official". I was laying upside down on his couch (I used to watch tv like that a lot) , we were watching a bad spaghetti western, I'd drank half his bottle of Bulleit rye. He looks over at me from the other end of the couch, goes "so, I guess you're my girlfriend?" "Yeah, if you're cool with being my boyfriend". And that was that. Ah, youth. 

I think I'm older than you guys by like a year lol

Hows the ankle?

I think I'm older than you guys by like a year lol

Hows the ankle?

haha I know. But we were younger when that happened. I was 21. I couldn't do that anymore. 

It's ok. It's a bitch. Staying off the drugs as much as possible. I've missed a lot at work- a big work party, free pizza today (it's the boss's birthday), another designer already tried to take over my desk/work station... I've got crazy cabin fever. It's so annoying that "oh, I'll just hop up and grab that thing on the other side of the room" is now a ten minute ordeal. But it'll get better. The worst part is mental. 

Oh and my tablet is on the verge of death, so working is a slow go today too. But it's Friday, I don't have to feel too guilty for not getting a ton done. Sorry, I'm in a rotten mood. D4rk comes home tonight, so I won't be gimping alone :) 

haha I know. But we were younger when that happened. I was 21. I couldn't do that anymore. 

It's ok. It's a bitch. Staying off the drugs as much as possible. I've missed a lot at work- a big work party, free pizza today (it's the boss's birthday), another designer already tried to take over my desk/work station... I've got crazy cabin fever. It's so annoying that "oh, I'll just hop up and grab that thing on the other side of the room" is now a ten minute ordeal. But it'll get better. The worst part is mental. 

Oh and my tablet is on the verge of death, so working is a slow go today too. But it's Friday, I don't have to feel too guilty for not getting a ton done. Sorry, I'm in a rotten mood. D4rk comes home tonight, so I won't be gimping alone :)

I hear you with the concern over the drugs.  I was the same way when I had knee surgery 4 years ago.  I didn't want to touch the stuff... but I immediately regretted that about 8 hours later when the stuff from surgery officially wore off.  I could barely move any part of my body without getting some sharp pain.  So I took one pill, but it was way too late.  That was the only one I took though.

It sounds like you're past that initial stage though, so my advice of taking it initially is too late.  At this point, I say stay the course.  You're probably through the worst of it at this point.

I hear you with the concern over the drugs.  I was the same way when I had knee surgery 4 years ago.  I didn't want to touch the stuff... but I immediately regretted that about 8 hours later when the stuff from surgery officially wore off.  I could barely move any part of my body without getting some sharp pain.  So I took one pill, but it was way too late.  That was the only one I took though.

It sounds like you're past that initial stage though, so my advice of taking it initially is too late.  At this point, I say stay the course.  You're probably through the worst of it at this point.

Thanks for the advice! Knee surgery certainly trumps this situation.  

I just got back from a trip home to Ohio this weekend to check on my friend- her husband became addicted to the same drugs they just put me on, and it has ruined their lives. I realize that's a worst case scenario, but I'm scared of the little buggers nonetheless. 

The pain's pretty much manageable once I actually get out of bed. I might take another pill before bed, but that's it. Just too scary for me. Would rather have a beer this weekend.