Game Discussion Thread

thesportsbuff

The crying in this thread about the calls is an embarrassment. Are the refs expected not to call penalties because the Sabres can't stop making dumb plays? :doh:

The penalties are legit. Gaustad, Montador, Myers and Kaleta all took dumb penalties. Pominville's was necessary.

so I give it another period before the "WHY IS MILLER PLAYING GOAL?" thread pops up... wait for it...

Lets see for the 3rd period what should the sabres due?

1) Stay out of the box

2) stay out of the box

3) Score, while staying out of the box

4) shoot on boucher hes not that good, and stay out of the box

5) Beat hartnell and carcillo because I cant stand their weak diving whiny bullsh!t hockey

6) stay out of the box

The crying in this thread about the calls is an embarrassment. Are the refs expected not to call penalties because the Sabres can't stop making dumb plays? :doh:

Dude, you are off on this one. Sabre fans, and any team fans, will always carry on about being shorted PP's, but that was absolutely absurd. Absurd. The last post nailed it when he said ticky-tacky calls don't usually get made in the playoffs. Don't be the marytr today - that was an atrocious period by the officials and it was obvious they were making up for the ###### first period calls on Philly - which there were, but not that resulted in as many PP's as Philly just got.

The Myers, Montador, and Kaleta calls were borderline at best. Normally would not be called in the playoffs. If we get some borderline calls too (like the second one on Philly) then I'm okay with it. It was definitely magnified since they came is such rapid succession.

The penalties are legit. Gaustad, Montador, Myers and Kaleta all took dumb penalties. Pominville's was necessary.

My issue is that the Flyers have been doing all that and worse all game. The "penalty" called on Kaleta happened four times in the first period and there was no call on the Flyers. The Refs are too involved in this game because they couldn't get in under control in the first period.

Like clockwork.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'll assume every call made by the officials is a good one from now on. How could I have watched hockey for all these years without knowing the officials are always right and have no influence on the outcome of a game? After all, the stakes aren't very high here.

The Myers, Montador, and Kaleta calls were borderline at best. Normally would not be called in the playoffs. If we get some borderline calls too (like the second one on Philly) then I'm okay with it. It was definitely magnified since they came is such rapid succession.

So, if your statement is true, and I'm not in a position to say it is/isn't, don't you think it should send a wake up call to the Sabres to avoid them? If they are going to call them, play smart.

Exactly. Several of those were legit penalties, but several were the four blind mice calling :censored:. Complaining about crappy officiating is legit when it's actually true like in this game. Kaleta clean body check = roughing?!? Come on stripes, let the players decide this game.

What's the over-under on how many Philly players will fall to the ice in the third period when a Sabres player is four feet away from them or more?

News Flash! Philadelphia Flyers to represent USA on the 2012 Olympics as the entire US Diving Team!

Besides our dumb penalties, Flyers are falling on the slightest contact. Recipe for recovery - shoot to the side of the goaltender, not directly at him. Flyers shots (and Briere's skate)are going after Miller's post side.

Exactly. Several of those were legit penalties, but several were the four blind mice calling :censored:. Complaining about crappy officiating is legit when it's actually true like in this game. Kaleta clean body check = roughing?!? Come on stripes, let the players decide this game.

Too late!

News Flash! Philadelphia Flyers to represent USA on the 2012 Olympics as the entire US Diving Team!

Besides our dumb penalties, Flyers are falling on the slightest contact. Recipe for recovery - shoot to the side of the goaltender, not directly at him. Flyers shots (and Briere's skate)are going after Miller's post side.

The Flyers are also playing way better than us, dumb penalties or not. That is easily the more worrisome part of this game.

This is hilarious. :doh:

Oh, I'm sorry. I'll assume every call made by the officials is a good one from now on. How could I have watched hockey for all these years without knowing the officials are always right and have no influence on the outcome of a game? After all, the stakes aren't very high here.

I'm not sure you responded to the right person, lol.

Dude, you are off on this one. Sabre fans, and any team fans, will always carry on about being shorted PP's, but that was absolutely absurd. Absurd. The last post nailed it when he said ticky-tacky calls don't usually get made in the playoffs. Don't be the marytr today - that was an atrocious period by the officials and it was obvious they were making up for the ###### first period calls on Philly - which there were, but not that resulted in as many PP's as Philly just got.

Yea , the refs are pretty much gift wrapping this one to the flyers. The Gaustad and Pominville calls were legit , but the rest were soft. The refs need a talking to about how a game should be called in the playoffs.

I hate Briere.

Archived