Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

i think it is worth noting that even with their legit top 6, buffalo has finished better than tampa in every year that tampa has existed except 1. I don't honestly know if that's accurate, but it sounds right.

dont get me wrong, i understand your argument but this group of 3rd liners consistently beats Tampa Bays legit top 6, so I mean is it really that bad?

The Sabres have had the huge advantage in goal. Is there any doubt that if Miller were in Tampa this season with that group of forwards they would be considered a Cup contender?

The time they won the cup only 2 of your legit top 6 were on that team. Don't forget, to get Stamkos, they had to be the WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

No. It's not that bad.

And lemme know when Atlanta becomes relevant in any kind of discussion regarding playoffs again.

If we had Stamkos, Lecalvier, St. Louis and Gagne and whoever else and were having results like the lightning you all would be bitching about these players the same way you bitch about Roy and Connolly.

You take your "legit top 6" and i'll take the chance to compete for the stanley cup. Agree to disagree.

Here's the question i want to answer.

Choose a roster, Tampa Bay or Buffalo. Who's roster do you want heading into next season.

Do I get the front office with the roster? If so I will take Tampa's roster and front office. They have a solid group of forwards and a GM who knows what it takes to win a Cup. Since neither team is going to win a Cup this season anyway I'll go with the team with more offensive talent and is likely to be more entertaining.

With Stevie Y at the helm I'll bet there's a genuine buzz in that locker room. He's already improved their roster and we're not talking about the 3rd or 4th line bandades or complimentary pieces that Regier uses to drum up excitement with this fanbase. There's still time Darcy. Darcy?

Do I get the front office with the roster? If so I will take Tampa's roster and front office. They have a solid group of forwards and a GM who knows what it takes to win a Cup. Since neither team is going to win a Cup this season anyway I'll go with the team with more offensive talent and is likely to be more entertaining.

You're jumping the gun on Yzerman. He may know what it takes to win the Cup on the ice, but he's never been a GM before. Maybe he picked up some good habits from his brief time under Ken Holland in Detroit, but that remains to be seen. So far, his only success as a GM is the Canadian gold medal, but even a monkey with a dart board had a very good shot of assembling a gold medal squad with that much talent available.

7:30 mark of this interview with Harry Neale, he believes the Sabres will add size via trade to the line up.

Rob Ray said the same thing, so did Thomas Vanek.

Here ya go:

http://audio.wgr550....-tournament.htm

I heard both Rob And Harry's takes but they did not sound as if they had behind the scenes knowledge rather it sounded more like a whim. Maybe a trade is coming but until it happens my hopes are nil.

Just listened to the interview. While I agree that Harry didn't make it sound like he was basing his prediction on inside sources, at the same time, he does know quite a bit about what's going on with the team, and he sounded pretty confident that they are going to make a move.

Permit me my shred of hope, will you?

My only point is that every American city (or Canadian city) has pretty much the same to offer. Florida has the PR, but every city has good food to eat, good beer to drink and skanky chicks that will bang a rich hockey player.

Nonsense.

You're jumping the gun on Yzerman. He may know what it takes to win the Cup on the ice, but he's never been a GM before. Maybe he picked up some good habits from his brief time under Ken Holland in Detroit, but that remains to be seen. So far, his only success as a GM is the Canadian gold medal, but even a monkey with a dart board had a very good shot of assembling a gold medal squad with that much talent available.

All is true. I am a Sabre fan and also a NHL fan. It is pretty exciting to see Gagne added to that group of forwards. If I were a Lightning fan I would be really excited. If they get any decent goal-tending they should definitely have enough offense to make a playoff push. Ownership there seems committed to making it work. A move to bring in a Yzerman is a move the Sabres should have done to help revitalize this franchise. The current Sabre product is stale, stagnant and just simply not good enough.

All is true. I am a Sabre fan and also a NHL fan. It is pretty exciting to see Gagne added to that group of forwards. If I were a Lightning fan I would be really excited. If they get any decent goal-tending they should definitely have enough offense to make a playoff push. Ownership there seems committed to making it work. A move to bring in a Yzerman is a move the Sabres should have done to help revitalize this franchise. The current Sabre product is stale, stagnant and just simply not good enough.

I have no problem with what you're saying about the Sabres here, but I have to beat the same exact drum with those comments on Tampa. This is a brand new ownership, so it's tough to tell how committed they are. The previous ownership group looked like they were committed, throwing a lot of money around, but quickly became a trainwreck when they couldn't stop fighting each other. We have no idea how this owner will react if or when the bottom line doesn't meet his expectations.

Thanks -- I will keep these in mind next time I'm back home and need a good restaurant.

I do think Miami and New Orleans are great food cities. Not KC or Chicago though.

Although as I mentioned above I think NO is a great food city, I think the po' boy is a vastly overrated item.

Agreed. The po'boy barely makes the top ten of the things you must eat while in New Orleans.. rabbit jambalaya, blackened redfish, shrimp creole, pralines, muffuleta, crab bisque, bread pudding, grilled oysters, cajun fried chicken, red beans and rice, Louisiana crab claws.. it might be a while though before you can eat some of these things again.. shame.

Agreed. The po'boy barely makes the top ten of the things you must eat while in New Orleans.. rabbit jambalaya, blackened redfish, shrimp creole, pralines, muffuleta, crab bisque, bread pudding, grilled oysters, cajun fried chicken, red beans and rice, Louisiana crab claws.. it might be a while though before you can eat some of these things again.. shame.

Crab claws - them's good eating.

But you forgot fried 'gator, crawfish, shrimp etouffee, and andouille. (Boudin (sp?) can be real good as well, but you have to be careful about which version. Some can be reeeaall nasty.)

The locals would claim you forgot hushpuppies and king cake as well.

But I'd agree w/ you on po'boys. I'd rather have a sub from a good sub shop up here than a po'boy.

That list made me hungry.

We're getting a bit far afield here, but as long as we're on the topic of New Orleans, I recommend the HBO show "Treme," which just finished its first season. It's made by the creator of "The Wire," which is one of the best shows ever IMHO. And the music on Treme is great.

Sh*t I'd take a Macy's manikin with two left legs if it gets Stafford off the Sabres.

lol

Yeah, i'm beyond sick of Stafford. I wouldn't mind if they just got a draft pick for him.

One guy i wouldn't mind right now is, dealing Stafford for pucks and signing Bill Guerin. He could help us. I doubt Darcy has anything else up his sleeve to fix the RW spot besides having a open competition between Stafford and Nate Gerbe...

The time they won the cup only 2 of your legit top 6 were on that team. Don't forget, to get Stamkos, they had to be the WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

No. It's not that bad.

And lemme know when Atlanta becomes relevant in any kind of discussion regarding playoffs again.

If we had Stamkos, Lecalvier, St. Louis and Gagne and whoever else and were having results like the lightning you all would be bitching about these players the same way you bitch about Roy and Connolly.

You take your "legit top 6" and i'll take the chance to compete for the stanley cup. Agree to disagree.

Here's the question i want to answer.

Choose a roster, Tampa Bay or Buffalo. Who's roster do you want heading into next season.

And they did it the following year as well to get Hedman.

Any surprise that Regier was o WGR this afternoon waving the white flag on the off-season? He really needs to stop giving interviews. He did do a good job in killing any thoughts the Sabres would be able to accomplish anything this off-season. Good news though, they have had more meetings this season with players. There is nothing like polishing a turd and calling it progress.

Any surprise that Regier was o WGR this afternoon waving the white flag on the off-season? He really needs to stop giving interviews. He did do a good job in killing any thoughts the Sabres would be able to accomplish anything this off-season. Good news though, they have had more meetings this season with players. There is nothing like polishing a turd and calling it progress.

I don't care about anything Regier says to the media. It's all meaningless.

Archived