Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

Source with Flyers confirms.

Wow, you mean this guy actually got a scoop on a trade?

Everyone has been telling me this guy is garbage, then my buddy emails me the website link and tells me when this guy says E5 it is usually going to happen.

So what gives here peeps. Is this guy garbage? Or is it a blind squirrel meet nut scenairio?

Everyone has been telling me this guy is garbage, then my buddy emails me the website link and tells me when this guy says E5 it is usually going to happen.

So what gives here peeps. Is this guy garbage? Or is it a blind squirrel meet nut scenairio?

If he forecasts every possible destination for every player, he'll get some right. Yeah, it's the blind squirrel and the nut, the monkeys typing Hamlet, the broken clock that's right twice a day, etc.

As I posted somewhere around here (still blurry from yesterday) he got 1 of 30 UFA first calls and 1 of 27 trades first calls. That's 3%, or the usual guess rate.

There goes another good forward that the Sabres didn't get.

I also think Frolov is NFW for the Sabres.

Despair is creeping in...

Yeah, but 28 other teams didn't get him either. :wallbash:

(I think it's pretty funny that when I use the "wallbash" imoticon when talking about Darcy, all I see is "ballwash".)

"Kovalchuk $102m over 17 years. $10m per year for the first 8 years. $7.5 for the next 2, from what I heard." from that Russian sports guy Chenov or something.

edit: Dmitry Chesnokov

That leaves 7 million for the last seven seasons.

Hopefully in the next CBA they'll get it right and not allow any kind of loading in a contract at all. Each year needs to be worth the same amount of money. They'd find a new way around it, but that would temporarily stop these kind of games.

I never called anybody an "idiot" for having a different opinion. I referred to DeLuca being the only person with a brain because the last page worth of posts were Sabresneedacup and static70 having a 3rd grade level argument, offering nothing in their posts but useless banter, followed by one of the most ridiculous rebuttals I've ever heard in "Connolly can't be a key part of a playoff run because the Sabres haven't won a cup yet with him." (This of course after ripping on him for missing games due to injury, which pretty much contradicts that statement anyway.) In my countless arguments with DeLuca in the past about Connolly, he actually raised some good points and brought some interesting conversation/perspective. As did Kristian in a different thread earlier about Forsberg. I don't come here to "win" an argument, that's not how it works. I'm just trying to prove my point, that you guys ALL just use Connolly as a scapegoat because he's dealt with injuries in the past. Now that he's had a year+ of mostly injury-free game and led the team in points over that span, nobody will own up and admit that he's been one of our best players -- all I hear is, "no, he's garbage and isn't a big part of our team." Not you specifically, but the one's saying Connolly needs to be off the team before they can consider the Sabres a contender have nothing to back their side of the argument other than A.) injuries of two years ago and B.) a disappointing post-season that whole team sucked -- not just Connolly.

But still it always comes back to, "oh boy, that Connolly sure should have scored some goals in the playoffs!" When Roy, Pommer, and obviously Stafford are in the same boat. Rip on Connolly's contract all you want, but he's only missed nine games since he got that contract and has led the team in the points. What has Pommer done since he got his $5+ mil a year contract? Nothing notable.

edit: also your post about Connolly's best years being behind him was completely absurd, seeing as how two years ago he set a career high in goals and this past year a career high in points -- not to mention led the team in points on the PP. Your statement makes no sense. It isn't "an opinion", it's a straight lie.

3rd grade level arguement? what qualifies are arguements as 3rd grade level? and the c in my name is capitalized you idiot.

Archived