Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

I have a sense it's the same fan baloney we see on this board, and others.

mmmmm fried baloney sandwhiches!

I think we've heard both of those rumors previously from your boy Eklund.

All excellent points. I've read some bleacher report stuff on the NFL side and none of it seems based on any inside info or cutting edge journalism.

I have you say, your whole analysis here makes very little sense. Since you're basing all of this off of numbers they scored last year, you're missing the most obvious stat of all. No team in the entire NHL scored less goals than the Bruins last year. So ok, they have a group of guys all hovering in that 15-20 goal range. Where's the rest of the roster. That offense may have been more balanced, but then again, if you have an entire team of guys scoring 2 goals, that is also technically balanced.

And another minor point. If you're going to count a guy like Seguin in that potential category, you're going to have to include Ennis for Buffalo. You know, a guy who actually has NHL games and goals under his belt.

Fair point on Sequin / Ennis. I won't include them since neither are guaranteed to play in the NHL next year. But my argument is that Boston can put out any line they want and know they have some potential to score a goal every shift, where Buffalo knows that players like Hecht, Grier, Stafford, Goose, Kennedy, and Kaleta can't be counted on to score very often. Of course they're going to pot a few over the course of the season, but it's no secret that Buffalo relies heavily on just four or five guys. This is evident in the playoffs when our top lines are being shut down but Boston's third and fourth lines (Satan, Recchi, Lucic) led their team in goals. Where are our third and fourth liners? Grier scored two, but the others were a non factor in the series.

Fair point on Sequin / Ennis. I won't include them since neither are guaranteed to play in the NHL next year. But my argument is that Boston can put out any line they want and know they have some potential to score a goal every shift, where Buffalo knows that players like Hecht, Grier, Stafford, Goose, Kennedy, and Kaleta can't be counted on to score very often. Of course they're going to pot a few over the course of the season, but it's no secret that Buffalo relies heavily on just four or five guys. This is evident in the playoffs when our top lines are being shut down but Boston's third and fourth lines (Satan, Recchi, Lucic) led their team in goals. Where are our third and fourth liners? Grier scored two, but the others were a non factor in the series.

i mostly agree except mair had a goal and ellis had a goal.

You lost me at the cheese. The baloney has to be the star, just like on SabreSpace.

I'd have to say that the Baloney is the star sort of like a great center. The cheese would be your skilled wing. The Mustard would be the defense and the bread would be the goalie, holding it all together. The plate would be the coach and the table would be the GM. The kitchen would have to be the owner.

I really dislike bologna (baloney? Oscar Mayer, not Myers, told us it's b-o-l-o-g-n-a) - one of only a handful of meats that I dislike that also includes corned beef - but it is tolerable when fried (much like SPAM) and the cheese would probably help, too. Of course, I also prefer white hots to red hots (which are closer to bologna.)

I'd have to say that the Baloney is the star sort of like a great center. The cheese would be your skilled wing. The Mustard would be the defense and the bread would be the goalie, holding it all together. The plate would be the coach and the table would be the GM. The kitchen would have to be the owner.

You playing 4 on 4? Where's the other wing? :D

Speaking of food, there's a tweetthread going down now about cupcakes. People from all over saying what team or players' cupcake would be made of.

http://twitter.com/#...=%23nhlcupcakes

Sheldon Souray cupake: Falls apart as soon as you take the wrapper off.

The San Jose Sharks: Loaded with tons of potential, but always causes you to choke at the worst time

The Canadiens Cupcake- used a burning car as an oven

The Chicago Cupcake:Now can be found in Atlanta bakeries.

The Eklund Cupcake: Convinces you you're eating a cupcake and turns out to be urinal cake

Chz sits on top of the meat - wait, are we still talking about food? :ph34r:

Well yeah I can see white Chz on the meat, but only if it's black. The color difference would be striking. We eat with the eyes first.

And, carp, baloney is a perfectly accepted way of spelling this wonderful delicacy. In the Burgh, it's Jumbo.

Is it wonderbread?

Archived