Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

I wonder who they find to fill out the senior citizen line with Niedermeyer and Grier.

No rolling four lines this year - the geezers won't be able to handle the minutes!

Let's see Roy try some of his locker room tomfoolery on Nieds - my guess is he gets b*tch slapped and left with the impression of a stanley cup ring across his face.

No rolling four lines this year - the geezers won't be able to handle the minutes!

Let's see Roy try some of his locker room tomfoolery on Nieds - my guess is he gets b*tch slapped and left with the impression of a stanley cup ring across his face.

He's played 15 to 18 minutes most nights, PP and PK.

And I WANT PICS!!

I wonder who they find to fill out the senior citizen line with Niedermeyer and Grier.

Presumably, this will be the Sabres' third line: Rob Niedermayer between Mike Grier and whoever.

Cody McCormick will be centering the fourth line.

Presumably, this will be the Sabres' third line: Rob Niedermayer between Mike Grier and whoever.

Cody McCormick will be centering the fourth line.

Assuming that Gaustad isn't on that third line, he'll be centering the fourth line or at least taking all of the draws. He's a 55-65% FO winner, while McCormick has lost 2/3 of the 250 draws that he's taken in the NHL.

Also, Niedermayer has played a lot on the wing, so it's not a lock that he will center the third line.

Haha, just had a mental image of little Royzie meeting Nieds for the first time and trying to playfully grab his junk, and immediately catching a knuckle sandwich right on the button :lol:

Assuming that Gaustad isn't on that third line, he'll be centering the fourth line or at least taking all of the draws. He's a 55-65% FO winner, while McCormick has lost 2/3 of the 250 draws that he's taken in the NHL.

Also, Niedermayer has played a lot on the wing, so it's not a lock that he will center the third line.

Carpandean, you've convinced me. We should see Paul Gaustad centring - or at least taking all the faceoffs - for the third line with Rob Niedermeyer and Mike Grier. Playing with those two guys might bring back a bit of Gaustad's physical play.

And the Sabres signed Leopold 3 years $3 per? This is why signing free agents in the first couple of days is a losing proposition.

Corvo's 3 years older. The two put up nearly identical numbers last year but Leopold has more defensive upside. That pretty much accounts for the difference in money.

Archived