GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Well done, boys...well done! Great start to the playoffs. This game had everything - tight-checking, defense, goaltending, scoring chances, and occasional nail-biting.

That said, this was a typical 2009-2010 Sabres win. Very much like the Bills' defense, it was "bend, but don't break". Boston controlled the play in the Sabres' zone way too much for my liking, but the Sabres blocked a ton of shots and Miller was fabulous.

I also thought Vanek was the best player on the ice. Every time he got the puck you could tell he was zoned and looking to score. His goal was a great shot, but I thought he should have had maybe 3 goals tonight.

Keep it up!

Hey guys! Just found this message board while looking for some info re: DirecTV's broadcast of the game.

Decided I'd register. I'm a new hockey fan (less than two years) and have adopted the Sabres as my own. I've fallen in love with them over the time I've watched them. Still learning the ins and outs of everything but I hope to contribute to the discussion whenever I can.

Let's GO, BUFF-A-LO!

Welcome to the forum! Much like the Sabres themselves, there's a pretty good mix of newbies and grizzled vets on this board, so feel free to join in whenever the mood strikes.

Awesome game tonight (minus the first 15 min. of the second period) -- keep it comin' boys!! :thumbsup:

Archived