GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I haven't seen a lot of Sabres hockey lately. Just clicked the game on in the 2nd. Is this the normal Sabres? Because it doesn't look right. They have like...jump and stuff.

No that's not their normal game, they had a lot of jump tonight.

I really didn't think either icing was that bad. They had only been playing for about ten seconds each time and if Monty scores there it's over.

Stafford's didn't hurt because Boston took a time out.

Ryan's. Even still, dunno what the guy is talkin about.

There were 7 players for team USA with the first or last name Ryan. And, there was Brian Rafalski who let Crosby walk in on Ryan Miller to score the game winner.

If you watched the game it wasn't totally inconceivable that all the skaters on the USA side - on the ice - at the same time had the name Ryan.

In that case although GO USA was the #1 cheer.

GO RYAN! Was apropo!!!

Stafford's didn't hurt because Boston took a time out.

I agree Boston's time out let our guys rest (not sure how long they were out there previous to the icing), but we faced a needless faceoff in our own zone with 14 seconds left. I thought Stafford had enough time to make a better play - chip it up the boards and out.

In any event, I'm celebrating a win!

Game thoughts...

- Very good road win against a desperate team.

- I thought Ennis and Gerbe both played well. How is it that earlier this season, it was better to dress the 7th dman when a forward got hurt? <_<

- Myers was great offensively and deserves the Calder. That being said and I will get crucified for this, but Myers is soft just like most of the blueliners on this team. Being 20 is no excuse for this. In the first period, one Bruin took two whacks at Miller after he covered the puck up and Myers just stood there. Also, Myers play without the puck in his own zone has to be more than poke checking.

- Miller with another BIG game even though he should have had the 2nd goal.

- I was disappointed when the Bruins came out hitting and the Sabres physical players didn't even attempt to respond with a couple of checks of their own.

- TYLER Kennedy with the GWG!!!!

- Come playoff time, they have to find a way to hide Rivet's lack of skating ability.

- Atlanta blowing a golden opportunity tonight!

- You know the difference between Vanek being in the lineup and being hurt? There is none! :D

- GO SABRES!!!

Craig Rivet :thumbdown:

How can Lindy keep him in the lineup after yet another awful performance by "The Captain?" He was by far the worst player on the ice for both teams. How do Butler and Sekera sit in the press box and watch Rivet play like crap night after night and take Lindy serious when he talks about performance and ice time?

Rivet is at this point hurting the team. Lindy is putting one player over the best interests of the team. How is that good coaching?

The boys have chased the opposing goaltender in 4 of the last 6 games.Pretty impressive and it would be interesting to know what the record for that particular stat is and who holds it.This team seems to be peaking at the right time despite the injuries and playing against some pretty desperate teams.Good stuff.

No criticism here. I thought the Sabres put forth a solid team effort, coming back from a goal down to beat a desperate team. From the late second period on, I thought the Sabres totally stymied the Bruins to the point of frustration. The second goal allowed was one that Ryan would like to have back, but hey, ###### happens and the defense held after that. The big difference between the Sabres and Bruins tonight was the Sabres energy, hustle and determination really was that much more than what the Bruins could put out.

Good game.

Next!

The boys have chased the opposing goaltender in 4 of the last 6 games.Pretty impressive and it would be interesting to know what the record for that particular stat is and who holds it.This team seems to be peaking at the right time despite the injuries and playing against some pretty desperate teams.Good stuff.

That's interesting. I think it's a trick that used to work with the Sabres. It's good to know that they are winning anyway.

Craig Rivet :thumbdown:

How can Lindy keep him in the lineup after yet another awful performance by "The Captain?" He was by far the worst player on the ice for both teams. How do Butler and Sekera sit in the press box and watch Rivet play like crap night after night and take Lindy serious when he talks about performance and ice time?

Rivet is at this point hurting the team. Lindy is putting one player over the best interests of the team. How is that good coaching?

I know with the Sabres winning of late most don't want to address this, but it should be. He is playing horrible Hockey. You bring up a great point; how do our young guys put any stock into what Ruff is selling when it doesn't apply to ALL.

Rivet has become a liability and will get exposed come Playoff time if he doesn't shape up.

I know with the Sabres winning of late most don't want to address this, but it should be. He is playing horrible Hockey. You bring up a great point; how do our young guys put any stock into what Ruff is selling when it doesn't apply to ALL.

Rivet has become a liability and will get exposed come Playoff time if he doesn't shape up.

Yeah!

I would have him doing this before each game:

50 situps, 50 push ups and 50 pull ups!

If that doesn't get him in shape then cut him!

- I thought Ennis and Gerbe both played well. How is it that earlier this season, it was better to dress the 7th dman when a forward got hurt? <_<

That was the backlash of carrying a full roster all season. They didn't have the luxury of a call up most of the time.

And despite their recent play the t.s.n. power rankings have them dropping to 8th from 6th in todays updated list.Go figure.

They take injuries into account when they do those things and we're down quite a few bodies.

Archived