GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

In his last 6 games, Lalime has given up 3, 3, 4, 4, 3, and 3. He's among the worst in the league in save percentage (.895) and goals against (3.20), starters and backups included. I know it is hard for a guy to get in a rhythm when he rarely plays, but...

Minnesota played this game like the Ducks did earlier this season and theWild also tried to get us off our game with goon play. I'm glad we defended and glad we didn't succumb to their designs! They were more desperate than we were. Too bad for them they won't participate in the playoffs.

Lalime should agree to Portland stints when he isn't playing in Buffalo. Patrick! You cost us this game!

However, despite the loss, good to see the Sabres especially the Germanic clan NOT give up!

PP sucks!

Hey, still a work in progress, new guys still adjusting.

In his last 6 games, Lalime has given up 3, 3, 4, 4, 3, and 3. He's among the worst in the league in save percentage (.895) and goals against (3.20), starters and backups included. I know it is hard for a guy to get in a rhythm when he rarely plays, but...

He should quit hiding behind his contract if he truly wants to help the team out (that's what a backup's primary function is!) Don't be proud Patrick, Portland welcomes you!

It still amazes me years later how every backup goalie in the league steals games and our guys can't do it once. Don't give me this rusty thing either...these guys are pros and are paid to play spot duty. Lalime just does not cut it again and the team mirrors him every time he is in the net.

21:21 for Vanek. Come on Lindy, you got the guy going now. 24 minutes tomorrow night. And, for the love of all that is good and holy, lose the gum -- it's not a good look for ya. Nicorette maybe? Didn't have it in the third.

Methinks Vanek is getting more comfortable post fracture/concussion (which would have ended most careers) and the rest of the boys will catch the positive energy we know he can bring!!! The best is yet to come!

....FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY!......

That is pretty darn good if I should say so myself!

So that's his last 2 season's worth of starts, right?

That last 25 seconds or so was the most disgusting display that I've witnessed in a while. Scratch back to within one and then five bad passes, being outworked by the forecheckers and trying to put the puck through people? :sick:

As was mentioned earlier, at least Vanek is starting to put some in. He missed a few great chances early, but got the two late. If he can heat up, this team will be in much better shape.

That last 25 seconds or so was the most disgusting display that I've witnessed in a while. Scratch back to within one and then five bad passes, being outworked by the forecheckers and trying to put the puck through people? :sick:

As was mentioned earlier, at least Vanek is starting to put some in. He missed a few great chances early, but got the two late. If he can heat up, this team will be in much better shape.

I would get rid of everyone of our defenseman save Myers..These guys make more irresponsible passes that can be made on a game by game basis than I have ever witnessed..It doesnt matter if its in our zone or the neutral zone, they really hurt the team....

It's painfully apparent that when Miller is not starting, our defensemen don't pinch as much, which affects our offense. Not only is Miller a better goalie, he also covers up for our defensemen getting caught up ice and/or turnovers in our end (I'm talking to you, Sekera!).

Yeah, it's getting pretty old, and fast.

I've been defending him a lot in the past, but last night was just unacceptable, regardless how much or how little he plays.

That said, if we could've have converted a few more of the gazillion chances we had, we probably wouldn't be talking about this.

I've been defending him a lot in the past, but last night was just unacceptable, regardless how much or how little he plays.

That said, if we could've have converted a few more of the gazillion chances we had, we probably wouldn't be talking about this.

I'm getting sick of the rythm talk too. If you're a back up in Buffalo you know you're signing up to do it and that Miller is going to be carrying the lions share. It's your responsibility to be called upon when ready.

As long as Ottawa is still behind us, I really don't see Lalime getting another start.

Good points. Lalime sucked on the first two goals, but a backup giving up 3 overall is acceptable. Asking the team to score 3 goals to get a point(at least) when Miller does not play should be fine. The team needs to suck it up when Lalime plays, and keep Miller on a busy but not unreasonable schedule.

Well, I thought the Sabres played pretty well. The difference in the game was goaltending. Minny got excellent goaltending and the Sabres got substandard goaltending. That's how it goes sometimes.

If anyone has the time or inclination, I'd be curious to see how many teams with a clear #1 (the way Miller is the Sabres' #1) really do get better goaltending from their backups than the Sabres get from Lalime. I'm sure there are some, but I suspect there aren't that many that get substantially better. In any case, the 2-year contract Lalime got was a blunder that DR is accountable for.

Well, I thought the Sabres played pretty well. The difference in the game was goaltending. Minny got excellent goaltending and the Sabres got substandard goaltending. That's how it goes sometimes.

If anyone has the time or inclination, I'd be curious to see how many teams with a clear #1 (the way Miller is the Sabres' #1) really do get better goaltending from their backups than the Sabres get from Lalime. I'm sure there are some, but I suspect there aren't that many that get substantially better. In any case, the 2-year contract Lalime got was a blunder that DR is accountable for.

Couldn't agree more.

Sometimes you lose games you should be winning, and as long as it doesn't become a trend, I'll take a loss like last nights over a loss where the entire team mails it in any day.

Miller playing the very least we get is 1 overtime point......... :beer:

Archived